What are these "tingling" sensations felt on the skin?

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

silversphere

What are these "tingling" sensations felt on the skin?

Post by silversphere » Thu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm in tune with my chakras and sense energies all the time. But one thing that's been bugging me, are these tingling sensations I'll feel on my skin and sometimes right underneath the skin. What are these? For instance, the other day, I kept feeling a tingling on the tip of my nose...all morning. That was just not an itch. Also, I'll feel tingling on certain spots on my back- in the smae place -for a long time now. Any suggestions on this and what they are? thanks-

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu May 22, 2008 5:50 pm

I also got tingling on my nose when I have activated my energies.For me it's energies are circulating and I like it.It doesn't bother me as it means that I am becoming more energy sensitive.With meditation it increases.So i would suggest take it lightly.It will pass over time.if you want to decrease it then try shutting partly your chakras.

The tingling can mean that your certain chakras are being worked on which shoudl be a good sign.Do you sense something bad like negative energies when the tingling is going on??
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

silversphere

Post by silversphere » Thu May 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi. To answer your question:

Do you sense something bad like negative energies when the tingling is going on??

well, the other day, yes...intense morning because of difficulties with some co workers....don't know what level of reality they're on, but for me....energetic and tense.....so the other day, yes....and I suppose that it is more negative than positive...at least that's what I think. Also, one vibrating/tingling sensation that comes and goes is one on my back, that would be behind my heart, on the upper middle left side of the back....when it comes up, I try to feel it out and the underlying tone is, is that it's a negative thing. Well, just have to keep liearning and living.

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 am

Well with the tingling there is no good or bad.It's only the flow of energy and being energy sensitive you sense it well.In fact it helps you aware what energy movement is going on concerning you and thus you can detect things and work out on it like meditating and balancing your chakras as well as cleansing.
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri May 23, 2008 3:00 pm

The problem with working with the chakras is trying to identify which one to adjust for any symptom.  If a full flow throughout the body is used, you know where the energy goes and how to adjust.  

We use our 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch - tactile, emotions) adding 2 more - intuition from the gut, and I know from the heart on the sensitivity level for psychic abilities.  As the skin is the largest organ of our whole physical body, it is the place where sensitivities are going to be felt.  I suggested to a group of students that it was all about energy - can they see out of their big toe?  Why not?  The skin can take all sensations to any place on the physical body as a manifestation of the spirit body.
God bless, J

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Sun May 25, 2008 1:35 am

when a chakra expands to accomodate a new level of energy input it is common to feel tingling at the edge of the expanded edge of the chakra. as your molecules, cells etc are not actually connected except by electrical impulse or information when stimulated the 'conversation' can be quite noticable, to feel energy of others or environments it is vital that we allow that energy to permeate, it is information which is shared with your cells. long winded way of saying your body is vibrating in response to an exchange of information, all information is transmitted 24/7 but there are times you may be more alert.

I like the nose bit, ever heard the saying 'got a nose for opportunity, or trouble'?

another time tingling can be felt is of course when sharing energy with others, as in a healing, sharing by the way includes receiving in my book.

and yet another time if it is feeling a bit restricted can be when there is a conflict, for example if you are expanding your heart chakra say, and at the same time have a fear of being hurt, you may feel the conflicting energy in that centre.

it is neither good nor bad as it is really an indication of awareness, it can however be valuable in evaluating your own energetic state.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Tingling happens to many a psychic/medium without the use of chakra openings.
God bless, J

jld

Post by jld » Sat May 31, 2008 4:38 am

I have been having this tingling as well. The man I see told me I can use a bath of sea salt and baking soda to eliminate any of the negative energy from me or others.

kybunker

Tingling

Post by kybunker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Yes I get the tingle running across my forehead, When I feel I am connecting with someone, I've related it to my third eye chakra opening, I still get this feeling even though I haven't practiced or maintained myself.
I do know that before I'm about to experience a confrontation with my mother, My Jaw will begin to hurt, A sign of communications being blocked or with held. I thought I was having teeth problems until I noticed that my jaw would only begin to hurt before she appeared. It no longer happens.
Sensations happen before an event takes place, I believe it's a way of ourselves to communicate with ourselves,

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:25 am

So, wait. I'm confused.

Why do we have tingling sensations? Because we're opening our chakra? Or because we're connected with someone?

I get tingling sensations under my skin on my left ring finger. It's always and only that finger whenever I think this thing being gone forever and other negative thoughts.

I don't know much about chakras, but we don't have a chakra on our hands, right? I thought the chakras are in the middle of our bodies.

I always got the tingling sensations, but every time I think of negative thoughts about that thing, my left ring finger starts tingling. I thought it was medical, but the doctors and I haven't found anything wrong with me.

silversphere

Post by silversphere » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Chakras can be felt on the top of your head, in your stomach, in your throat, between your eyes, in your crotch, in your chest, and they are felt as pressure or "vibes" inside the body. Like internal sensors.....tingling sensations are really different than what chakras feel like.....but the tingling is sometimes really like an itch....I'm just trying to get a better read on them and why/when they occur. Also, the tingling is really a physical sensation, not an energetic sensation...still trying to get a handle on it, but it can be as artificial as just the outer skin tingling, or even a deeper, under the skin buzz/tingling...well, still learning, but I get the feeling that it's associated with energies trying to attatch themselves to you...maybe energies that aren't welcome. I'm not saying they are, but that's my feeling on it. Just want to see what others experience or know.

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:19 am

I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I said before. If I did, sorry. I'm just trying to find out why my left ring finger tingles under the skin. First, it tingles and sometimes, if I think really negatively, it almost feels as if the finger is becoming frozen and heavy.

I was wondering if anybody else felt that way, and I thought it could be related to the chakras since you mentioned the tingling sensations, but I guess I'm wrong.

bbraden09

Post by bbraden09 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:49 am

my hands and legs tingle....... i dont know why

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 am

bbraden09 wrote:my hands and legs tingle....... i dont know why
First thing to do is to rule out anything medical by a trip to the doctor, otherwise there may be something underlying that is causing it.

Caroline229

Hi Everyone!!

Post by Caroline229 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:19 am

I too get a tingly feeling in my back though in the middle but more on the left side and it just lasts for a few seconds and it is not all the time just certain things and when I was first reading I got it for a second.  I also, get when I am talking with someone about particular subject and what not I get goose bumps all over and then sometime even I have had trouble talking I can still talk but it feels like I am having trouble with it I cant explain it.  The last thing I get is it was a ringing in my right ear only on certain time any time of day and was kind of loud and it went to fainter and a different type noise instead of ringing sometimes I can actual hear like a man or women talking I cant make out what they are saying even though I try really hard to and more late of a dont know if I can say this I feel still the talking but instead is replaced with like not sure how to say it because it is going to sound wierd but intercourse but not that at all.  Sorry if I confussed anyone here.  I was told a while ago maybe a year ago now that I have something to figure out on my own but have no clue what it is and that I am a true witch.  I do not practice as much as I should but am into wiccan but have refused to study the dark side I do not want to go there. For some reason I am attracted to the full moon and thunderstorms though I have always loved thunderstorms and rain is good luck for me.  I rambled on too much here and got offf topic......sorry did not mean too

caroline

Return to “Chakra”