About The Position of My Third Eye Chakra - Pls Help

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ha1bara

About The Position of My Third Eye Chakra - Pls Help

Post by ha1bara » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi All

I tried to open my third eye chakra an hour ago. When I meditated and concentrated on the center part of my forehead, between my eyebrows (as I read in the book, that's where the brow chakra is), I felt this tingling and slightly itchy part at a point right above the edge of my right eye brow.

another thing that I felt is, that particular part is implusing, as if it had heart in it. but I didn't feel any pain at all.

This is strange, since this sensation supposedly felt at the center of forehead where I focused on.

My question is, is this possible that my brow (third eye) chakra is actually located at the upper part of my right brow, instead of at the center part, between eyebrows (as what most books state) ?

Please help me for explanation. Thank you in advance

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 pm

It's in the center but it is possible that it is stretches to across the brow. The itching would be clearing of a blockage.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks Aegeus for the explanation, but I'm still not confident for myself. So, shall I concentrate at the center of the forehead (between eyebrows) or at the point above the edge of my right brow ?

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 pm

You continue to do as you were doing before-concentrate on the center.The third eye do not need to remain at the center.It has the ability to expand especially when you work on it continuously.The itching is to clear out blockage and it is also a sign that your third eye is switched on ;)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Thank you, Than k you Dhav for the explanation. With 2 Masters confirm the same thing, I now have confident what I'm doing now. Glad that I get it on the right track, since I only have limited energy to use for everyday practice.

I find that opening the brow chakra is somehow more energy consuming than others. I don't know if the last chakra (Crown) will be more energy consuming, but so far, this is the most consumptive one. I seldom felt exhausted when opening other chakras (not Crown one yet). That'swhy I have to make sure I concentrate at the right point to open it. Otherwise, my effort will b wasteful :(

Thanks again for your explanation, Aegeus & Dhav!

cheers!

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 am

thats comforting that you found the lower chakras easier then the third eye since my third eye is my clearest charkra. I find the heart the hardest.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:15 am

the eye area is as one componet, both your eyes the eye chakra. is smallest between the eyes and is about the circumfrence of the head

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:02 am

People should not confuse the third eye chakra with the third eye. The Chakra itself is in the center of the head, below the crown chakra, but at the same horizontal position as the third eye.

jspwe

Post by jspwe » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 am

I have been having the same sensations as OP, the pulsating above my right and left brow.  Just don't want to confuse it with a blood vessel or something running right underneath, as these sensations feel explainable that way.

Return to “Chakra”