Tingling sensations all over my body

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Alchemyst

Tingling sensations all over my body

Post by Alchemyst » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 pm

I discovered this a few months ago while relaxing in bed. I thought myself, "well ok, this might be some adjustments of the body because of the relaxation", but then I discovered that I can induce these feeling on purpose. At first they were unpleasant, but then I discovered that the more I relax, the more intense the sensations become. There were a few times that I managed to sweat my palms and legs by just self-inducing this sensation and increase my heart-rate by about 90bpm.

So, is this something you've experienced too. Is this something good for the body or I should stop immediately. Most of the time this feeling is quite unpleasant. Can this be somehow connected to my ecstatic experience - http://mysticboard.org/vi ... highlight= that happened a few weeks later after I learned this relaxation technique?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 pm

For goodness sake, if it is unpleasant, and they certainly do sound unpleasant (if not dangerous) why in the world do you do it?
Anything which is self induced and is causing you discomfort, in my opinion, should be stopped.
Ecstatic experience or not - stop it.

DivaS

Post by DivaS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:33 am

hm...I'm generally of the opinion that if something is unpleasant it is your body's way of telling you to not do it.

Now, I am able to cause any area of my body to feel a tingling sensation at will, but it has never been unpleasant. Perhaps try meditation and rather than focusing on trying to bring back that sensation of ecstasy that you explained in your previous post, try focusing on bringing you chakras into balance. Rather than letting that one chakra overflow and become so much more activated that the others, perhaps try visualizing that extra energy flowing out of your body and being sent out as positive loving energy into the world while leaving enough within yourself to bring that particular chakra back into balance with the others

I am be no means an expert at this kind of thing and could be totally off base, but from my understanding the idea is to bring your chakras into proper alignment rather than activating one far beyond the others.

After all...there might just be something to that old saying of keeping "all things in moderation."

Best wishes!
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 pm

What the others said above... if it's unpleasant, then something's amiss in the way you do it. Take the work on chakras step by step, please... Start grounded, start with the root and just explore the others in sequence, preferably as they present themselves. You can start a chakra "journey" by stating before meditation (and half-wake almost asleep but conscious = meditative state) what your destination chakra may be, but within the meditation it is best to not rush ahead, but do it all step be step as they present themselves. When you're ready to move on to a higher chakra it will come... if there is minimal work to be done in a lower chakra though, it needs to be done first. And when you come back out of the meditation, it is best to traverse in opposite order (even if more quickly), and end with the grounding root again.

The unpleasantness you describe, certainly with your previous posts, says to me that you've jumped chakras and race ahead.

You could compare it with climbing the Mount Everest. It's a hard journey and it would be so easier if we could just be dropped off by a helicopter on the top. However, if you do not gradually rise and give your body time to acclimatize, and instead let yourself be dropped off at the top, the height sickness can even be deadly.

All the chakras have multiple wonderful journeys and adventures for you to experience and learn. Don't rush ahead and single out only one. Your body is saying it's not pleasant. Listen to it. The damage you can do to your body and mind by persisting can create all types of symptoms where all your nerves end up being confused.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

Return to “Chakra”