My Root Chakra

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Brick

My Root Chakra

Post by Brick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 am

Earlier I was meditating on my Root chakra, very quickly I began to feel weird. I focused on red and where my Root chakra is. I started to feel almost not there, I felt as if the top of my head and my shoulders were floating. I felt as if I was not there. At one point I opened my eyes and I looked around my room and my vision seemed as if I was watching me look around the room. I felt as if my body was the earth itself. I need to know if this is normal. I want to know if that means my Root chakra is open or if I opened it or what? I'm very weirded out.

wyldorkid3

Post by wyldorkid3 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 am

It is very difficult for me to determine what the status is of your chakra merely by the description, but it sounds like you had an out of body experience, which can occur during some forms of meditation.

if you are feeling floaty and uncomfortable while focusing on your root, this may be a sign that you are having trouble with grounding. The root chakra is specifically functioned for grounding and security and is the foundation from where your kundalini will begin to flow, when it is awakened.  

Consider doing a grounding exercise before your next meditation session. Focus on your root and visualize an anchored rope being tied from your root and let it fall to the center of the earth. Or if you are more of a nature person, picture yourself growing into a tree and allowing for roots to grow deep into the earth. Regardless of which you choose, the intention is to remain in your body during the meditation, until you are ready to journey upward. It is advisable to ground yourself before and after any psychic exercise. And as as always, surrounding yourself in white light and a protective bubble always helps to keep you safe before exploring with your energetic body.

In love and Light
Jen

Brick

Post by Brick » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:25 am

I actually did a grounding exercise for about ten minutes before I started to meditate. I felt like I was the ground. the only parts of me that didn't feel this way were the top of my head and my shulders. I felt like part of the ground but also floaty at the same time if that makes any sense. I didn't feel uncomfortable in the least. I felt very solid. I felt unvbelievably happy and calm and centered afterwards. Is there anything you need to know to help determine the status of my chakra? If it helps I have very good balance.

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm

i can't help u about the chakra but that sensation that u felt might be normal in any form of meditation... in some phase of meditation... sometimes, we don't feel our body anymore...
anyone can help?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Never concentrate on one chakra.  The object of chakra energy is to open them all and accept the flow.  It is a lesson in learning to Flow with the life energies.
God bless, J

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Did you remember to breathe properly? Sounds like you just got light headed. What kind of grounding exercise did you use, because you shouldn't feel like part of the ground you should be anchored beneath the ground so that you can start to safely channel energy in through the root chakra, were you sitting or standing?

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Brick

Post by Brick » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Well this time I didn't ground myself before I started to meditate and the feeling of floating wasn't so strong. I don't think the floating feeling is a bad thing. I feel as if I no longer exist as if I'm just part of the universe. I even had a hallucination/vision, whatever you prefer to call it. In it I saw myself sitting meditating, I watched my body, the ground, everything spin in counter-clockwise motion as I watched from behind myself. I then had an orb around me when I returned to sitting and I saw another circle around my body on the ground only it was purple. IT had another purple ring right underneath it. I also started to meditate on the Sacral chakra and I felt as if my lower half were submerged underneath water like in a pool. I could feel the waves.

Return to “Chakra”