opening my throat chakra

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

caithiggs

opening my throat chakra

Post by caithiggs » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 am

I'm sure many people, especially shy people, have this problem, but I am worried about it overshadowing the rest of my life. I can basically feel my throat chakra close and tighten the instant I need to communicate or express my feelings about something in a relationship. As soon as someone is in front of me asking "what's wrong" I am completely silenced. If I am by myself I can "think" of all the things I could say, but when someone is there in front of me wanting that information all of it vanishes and I cannot bring it to mind, and really can't get it anywhere near my throat or tongue.

What possible exercises or help for this closing of the throat can anyone come up with? Would working with the chakras even be the right path here? I always feel like it's a physical shutting down of the throat when it happens.

decentgal

Post by decentgal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

you may try yoga to open your chakras or throat chakra for that matter .
cat cow is the basic pose you can start with ,rotating your head from left to right and from right to left is another one .Then there is cobra pose ,plough pose and other advanced poses too.

Watch you words consciously next time when you are conversing .Write down the past incidents which happened and you were not able to communicate and also write down what you should have and should do next time if such situation arise .

Thse two help a lot .

Healing stones are also good.

Good luck

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 am

Hey thanks. I do love yoga ;)

Do you know of any specific healing stones? I have some very small chakra stones, but don't honestly know what to do with them.

I'm not sure of what I "should do" in such a situation, and consider that one of my problems. My brain has thus far been wired to do a certain thing because it learned somewhere that freezing up is the thing I'm supposed to do. I guess understanding a better thing to do is a good start before trying to entrain myself to do that better thing! But I do have problems with knowing alternatives as I have not really been faced with them...

decentgal

Post by decentgal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm

OK  that leads to problems with you third eye too.Because entertaining a negative emotion doesnot stop you from looking at the situation objectively.
Even if not in time then later.
Meditation should help in all respects here .you should cleanse your chakras from top to bottom with white light and then heal them with the light of the respective color from bottom to top in a meditative ,calm state.I assume you know about the chakras colors.
It clears all the clogging in your chakras as well so they may be prepared for opening by them selves.
Give yourself atleast 20 mins daily .
I can help you with the meditation if you like

Rin101

Post by Rin101 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:16 am

caithiggs wrote:Hey thanks. I do love yoga ;)

Do you know of any specific healing stones? I have some very small chakra stones, but don't honestly know what to do with them.

I'm not sure of what I "should do" in such a situation, and consider that one of my problems. My brain has thus far been wired to do a certain thing because it learned somewhere that freezing up is the thing I'm supposed to do. I guess understanding a better thing to do is a good start before trying to entrain myself to do that better thing! But I do have problems with knowing alternatives as I have not really been faced with them...
Hi,

I would recommend wearing Blue Topaz jewelry. Preferably a necklace so that it is close to the throat. This particular stone tends to be very helpful with strengthening the throat chakra.

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am

Never thought of the jewellery thing! Great idea.

Thanks for bringing up the third eye thing. This makes a lot of sense to me and it was something that I didn't think about. I have bigger problems in this area than I have stated too. I think I really need to work on all of my chakras. Unfortunately I feel I really need classes or workshops in person to accomplish these kinds of meditations. Since I have problems with visualizations also, I don't know it's something I could do on my own.

Return to “Chakra”