Aromatherapy for Women

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Aromatherapy for Women

Post by swetha » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:56 am

Here we are in the dead of winter, the holidays are over (we may be feeling some post-holiday blues), and the school year has started up again (along with all the stress that usually brings). In addition, we are craving sunlight desperately and we are trying to keep our spirits up. It’s cold, wet, and we can feel particularly cranky at this time of year. So this article is dedicated to you women who are longing for spring. I know that the concept of taking some time to spoil yourselves sounds almost like a dream, but make a resolution to make a commitment to yourself. You certainly deserve it, you’ve earned it, and quite frankly, you need it.

Spoil Your Hair
In an appearance-conscious world, women spend a great deal of time, effort, and money on looking our best. Therefore, many of us color-treat our hair to remove those unwanted gray hairs. Add to that permanents or body waves to give lift and bounce to our locks, and we have just subjected our locks to some major chemical damage. So now is the time to give your hair and scalp some tender loving care.

Make an essential oil blend including 4 drops each of Cedar, Rosemary, and Tea Tree, 8 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Lemon. Mix all of these oils into 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Massage the entire blend into your scalp and hair thoroughly. Wrap your head with a towel and relax for an hour (just relaxing for an hour is going to make you feel better). Shampoo and rinse; you may have to shampoo twice to remove all of the olive oil.

The essential oils in this blend will help rejuvenate the scalp and hair, bring a luster back to your hair, and will not interfere with any of the synthetic chemicals (like permanents and hair coloring) that you currently use.

Spoil Your Soul
It’s important that we take the time to relax, enjoy quiet time, look inside, and nurture our spirits. I find that a nice massage does the trick for me. If you don’t have a willing partner, splurge and get a professional massage. Most massage therapists are very receptive to using a blend that you prepare.

Spoil yourself by making the following blend. Put 4 drops each of Cedar, Clary Sage, Lavender, and Orange into 2 tablespoons of a nice base oil or into 2 ounces of a natural lotion. These oils will help you calm down, find a centered place in your mind, and allow you to focus on the important essence of who you are. Remember what it was like to daydream in school, go there and enjoy the serenity and joy of that wonderful place.

If you have an unwilling partner, offer to give her/him the massage. I guarantee that once they enjoy the benefits of this blend, they will be more than happy to reciprocate. Try to incorporate this quality time into your weekly routine with your partner. If you cannot get a massage you can put the blend in a diffuser, vaporizer, or even just put a few drops around the wick of a burning candle and enjoy the blend that way.

Spoil Your Body
If you don’t take time to spoil yourself - mind, body, and spirit - you are going to run out of steam and not be as effective in dealing with your family, friends, and co-workers. Whenever I’m asked, “When do I have the time?” I say, “You have to make the time and if you commit to making a blend and using it, that might force you to find the time.” Believe me when I say that for every minute you give to yourself, you will do a much better job of giving to others.

Treat yourself to the calming blend to help you relax. Put 6 drops each of Lavender and Chamomile, and 4 drops each of Geranium and Orange into 2 ounces of hazelnut oil, milk, or your favorite soothing natural oil. Put the blend into a nice relaxing bath, and RELAX. I mean it, don’t write up your grocery list, don’t think about the school project your child is working on, just relax and let your mind wander. Visualize your favorite beach, think back to the last time you stared up at the night sky full of twinkling stars and think pleasant thoughts.

I really didn’t want to do this because I really do want you to relax in a bath, but since some of you may only have showers and others won’t take the extra time, here is a blend to use in the shower. Put 10 drops each of Lavender and Chamomile, and 5 drops each of Geranium and Lemon into 8 ounces of natural bath and shower gel. This will help reduce stress, build your immune system, and treat your skin all in one!

aromatherapysolutions.com/articles/articles-04.htm
By Judith Fitzsimmons, Certified Aromatherapist
and co-Author of Seasons of Aromatherapy

buby1984

Post by buby1984 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 am

what is best oil for better concentration?i am student and i need it!
thanks

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:52 am

As usual I was sceptical about aromatherapy. Then my wifes' best friend offered to massage me.
I had to do a quick backtrack, it works!
I don't say it's the cure-all that it can be made out to be, but it does ease things.

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:44 am

Sounds good Swetha, I will have to try it sometime.  Another easy way to get carrier oil out of your hair is to apply shampoo to all of your your hair before rinsing the oils out of your hair, makes it a lot easier to rinse out.

Return to “Aromatherapy”