Incense

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Incense

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:06 am

Another nice way to benefit from aromatherapy is the use of incense.

Basically, the incense you can most often find in a nature shop are incent sticks and incense cones.

Which ones you decide for is a matter of personal preference. Cones are easier to use, insomuch you only have to put them on a small dish or saucer and light them. Leave the cone burning for about 10 seconds, then blow it out and leave it burning down on its own.

Incense stick need a stick holder. You can buy one, they are very cheap, or you can make your own, by putting in a low glass of eathenware container some sand and stones or gravel, so that the stick will stand up when you stick them in. Light them, and like the cones, let them burn for a few seconds and then blow them out and let them burn down on their own.

I keep the ashes and put them in a small box and keep it open in a wardrobe or out it on a window sill and let the fragrance blow in with the breeze! :) Mixing ashes of diffrent incense fragrances can make a very personal new fragrance....

There are as well some anti-insects sticks for mosquitoes, I have a few sticks of those too. Generally, you won't have any if you use incense at night, even if you read in bed with open windows. Burning incense is also good to keep away flies - and the room feels so much nicer too...

I usually use incense that have healing properties rather than just pleasant fragrances. I will post some of the most common ones in another thread.
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Return to “Aromatherapy”