Effects of Burning Incense on Plants.

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

katsuneko

Effects of Burning Incense on Plants.

Post by katsuneko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:42 am

What are the effects of burning incense on household plants?

I just won a young Gerbera (African Daisy) that is presently sitting by my windowsill on the opposite side of the sill where I burn my incense. Does burning incense have a positive effect on plant growth and development?
: D

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Funnily enough buring incense and incense generally is totally different to aromatherapy. A few years ago there was a health study into a certain monastery in Tibet and the high levels of cancer causing chemicals in the air from burning incense continuously!. It definately made me cut down my use of raw incense and burn less and that which I do is of a far higher natural quality.

Aromatherapy oils don't need to burn, they exude the aroma naturally even when cold, which makes them much more efficient and stronger.

elamont

elamont

Post by elamont » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm

I've not found it to take any effect on my plants. Have only been doing it a short while though (2 months). So, I'm wondering if there are any sort of long term benefits.
Erin

Please read our policy on link to own site in intro or our policy for adds.
Rhutobello

Return to “Aromatherapy”