Mint

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Mint

Post by aelis2004 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:20 am

Deborah brought up the topic of mint..... I shall see what I can find about it.... there is a lot of stuff about it.

A quick idea... for children fun. Grind some mint leaves, and make ice cubes with them to flavour drinks. Teach the children to recognize the mint plant, pick leaves and get them to cut or grind the leaves and make the ice. If you don't want to use scissors or knives, have them cut up the leaves in tiny bits by hand (like you do with fresh basil). You can also put a whole leaf inside each cube. Ice takes about 7 hours to make, so do it the day before you need them... and see that you invite them to a minty drink the next day! :smt003 :smt002
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:26 am

MINT

Planet: Mercury

Secondary planet: Venus

Element: Air/Water

Secondary element: Earth

Zodiac influence: Gemini

Gender association: Masculine

Helps to dispell confusion, promotes mental and emotional clarity

Used for asthma, bronchitis, colds and the flu. Also useful for tiredness, headaches and stomach upset.

It's an irritating oil, so don't apply directly to the skin. Stimulant, vaseconstrictor, astringent, carminative, antspasmodic, analgesic. Refreshing.
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:52 pm

I love spearmint - functions much as peppermint does, but is sweeter and somewhat gentler than peppermint.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 pm

I had not remembered about finding mint leaves until I was reading these messages.  We had a "sticker" bush in our front lawn in the city, and under the bush grew mint leaves.  I remember picking them and eating them right off the branch.  They were a little bitter, but still had the mint flavor.  I guess I was lucky that mint is sooooo good for me, huh? :smt003

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:24 am

Using mint for stomach upset as mentioned above is *really* effective for some.  I have some really nice English mint my mother gave me a cutting of that is now trying to take over half my side yard, and a small handful of those leaves in a mesh diffuser per pot of tea really helps settle queasiness.  For extra oomph I sometimes slice up about half an inch of peeled ginger root as thinly as I can and add that as well.  It's very mild tasting and soothing.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

Kath

mint

Post by Kath » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Using mint that way sounds like a wonderful idea.  Does anyone know where I  could purchase cuttings for planting of the English Mint mentioned above?

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:28 am

If you can get fresh mint sprigs (not just the leaves, has to be on a stem) from a grocer near you, you can root those. Just pull off the lower leaves and stick the sprigs in a glass of water in a sunny windowsill where you can see them daily, and they will usually root pretty quickly.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am

Thanks much.  I'll check the next shopping trip.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:07 pm

A lot of the supermarkets do pots of herbs now too :)

s7dq45j

mint

Post by s7dq45j » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:43 pm

hi,

someone had a mint liquid bath soap.  i think it was kiss my face, but they don't make it anymore.  that soap was so refreshing!  after a long day i'd use this stuff, - and the hotter the water, the cooler it makes the skin feel.  it is a real pick me up.

i love it so much i was looking for a home made recipe - just so i could make it myself

gail
best wishes, gail

Return to “Aromatherapy”