Your Favourite Essential Oil?

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jld

Post by jld » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Lavender and chamomile are calming for me. There's a mixture called Joy I really used to love. I have been liking earthy scents if anyone can recommend any. I got a witch's power blend I don't know what's in it but I really love the smell. Does anyone else find their favorite changes over time? :smt007

Shortyfrm

Post by Shortyfrm » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:40 pm

Fiery Wall of Protection...

I use it for my protection spells to make them more binding...and it smells wonderful.

jld

Post by jld » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 am

I will check it out

richaj_13_9

Post by richaj_13_9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 am

olive oil is the best...though its a bit sticky ...but still... it is good 4 hair and body massage

alee

Post by alee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am

I am so into sandalwood. I used to burn it with lavender in a burner. Taking a shower and using sandalwood shower gel makes me feel so warmed, relaxed, safe and contented.
whispers of the heart

aliceswonderland

Post by aliceswonderland » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:26 pm

My favourite oil is always rose i love how classic the smell to it is and how sweet it is also.  :smt007

theseralfamily

Post by theseralfamily » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:35 am

Liquid styrax. Then again we are spoilt....:)
We are a digital mom n pop store :)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

Solwynn

Post by Solwynn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 pm

My favourite is frankincense for its rejuvenating and relaxing properties. I just plain love the smell, especially with a little bit of patchouli and black pepper. The one that gets the most use in the house, though, is lavender, which gets bought in big bottles and put on everything. When I was an esthetics and aromatherapy teacher, I used to tell my students that if they could only afford one essential oil to start with, that they should buy lavender because it has so many uses. However, I have been sick the last few days and I've actually got a little bottle of lemongrass sitting right here beside my laptop, LOL. I take a big sniff every so often because it clears my sinuses. It also makes the house smell not so "ill" because everyone's been under the weather this week and lying in bed. I've been mixing it 1:1 with grapefruit and putting it in a spray bottle full of water to spray the curtains.

~Solwynn

Azure

Post by Azure » Mon May 26, 2008 1:23 pm

I love rose too, and also Patchuli, and Jasmine that I wear as perfume :)

tammymae68

Booboo juice

Post by tammymae68 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 am

Here's one of my secret recipes:  This one is great for the little ones when they fall down and get a scrape on their knees, elbows, hands, etc.

Dab a cotton ball with witch hazel and then put a few drops of lavender essential oil on the cotton ball.  Have the child help you "concoct" this secret formula.  As the child smells the lavender - they will calm down.  As you dab the cottonball on the "booboo" the lavender goes right to work to clean the wound and stop any infection from starting as lavender is excellent for an antiseptic.  Aromatherapy - absolutely...homeopathic - yesseree.

Enjoy!
For discounted Wiccan and Pagan supplies
New Age Magick Supplies

moon_stars_roses

Post by moon_stars_roses » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 am

My partner is an aromatherapist and I have learned so much about essential oils. I prefer lavender to induce peaceful sleep and balsam of peru. Texas cedarwood is wonderful to mix with pine for the holidays.

Lucia
May you be blessed with love and light always

Moon_stars_roses

Beautiful Luna

Post by Beautiful Luna » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Peppermint and Lavender are my favorites right now! I love using Peppermint infused massage oil on my arms while they are hurting (From massaging so frequently). As for lavender, who could hate it? It's so calming and peaceful. I'm also a fan of Patchouli and Sweet Orange combined. - That combo puts me into a wonderful mood.
If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
-Buddha

Amara

Post by Amara » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:07 am

maynard4 wrote:Has anyone ever heard of an EO for fibroids and one or more for cleansing the Lymphatic system?
Don't know about fibroids, but Angelica, Geranium, Rosemary, Juniper, and Helichrysum are said to detox the body.  Rosemary, Helichrysum, Grapefruit are said to detox the lymphatic system.

Most EO's stink to me, but I use them for their theuraputic values.  I use EO's everyday in my body wash/shampoo and face & hand creams.

My favorite scents are grapefruit, bergamot, rosemary, and juniper.
Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself. ~ Chinese proverb

LisaMarie30

Post by LisaMarie30 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Neroli is probably my favorite. It smells incredible, and has such a positive vibe. Jasmine and rose, too. I also like patchoulli as an aphrodisiac, though not everybody does.

Frankincense is excellent for meditation and relaxation. It works brilliantly in incense, or in the bath. It's almost like a tranquilizer!

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

Lemon grass, Lavender, Orange, Jasmine, to ease stress.

Return to “Aromatherapy”