peppermint oil

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

woven5

peppermint oil

Post by woven5 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:36 am

PEPPERMINT OIL IS SOMETIMES USED IN LABOR TO GET A  WOMEN TO URINATE. THEY SPRAY IT ON HER REAR END AND THIGH AND THE FUMES
HELP HER TO RELEASE.

I WONDER IF THIS MAY HELP IN POTTY TRAINING BUT UNSURE HOW IT REALLY WORKS DO THE FUMES WORK THROUGH INHALATION OR RELEASE SOMETHING IN THE GENITALS.

WELL, IM GOING TO TRY IT OUT AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

WOVEN

motherearth49

Potty training

Post by motherearth49 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:21 pm

No, you should not use peppermint essential oil on anyone under the age of 5..I am a registered Aromatherapist.As the essence could harm in their bearthing .There has been a few cases(documented in England and here in Canada).Try and use some Lavender essential oil insted as it would calm the child down alot.Put about 125 ml(4oz)of pure water in a spray bottle and 5 drops of Lavender essential oil.(Shake the spray bottle quite well as the essential oil and water can mix).Water and essential oils donot mix....You could put about 1/2 tespoon of witch hazel to help with the mixing..Try and buy the best E.O's as it does mack a difference.You can look for on the bottle the latin name,place of origin etc.The lavender spary can be used on thier pillows to help them sleep.Also can spray it in the air to clean and to Calm....Hope this has help you...
In love and Light
MotherEarth

woven5

Post by woven5 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:11 pm

THANKS FOR THE INFO, ILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTION INSTEAD.
                        WOVEN

Krys0702

Pain and Aromatherapy

Post by Krys0702 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:04 pm

What would be good oils or aromas that can help manage widespread pain?  I have Fibromyalgia and RA(Rhuematoid Arthritis).  I need to find a better way of handling the daily pain.

motherearth49

RE:peppermint oil

Post by motherearth49 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:15 pm

I would use peppermint oil(inhale only) during the day :smt004  only as it will keep you awake. and lavender oil at nite...Try and find the best of both of these oils as you would be using pure rather that doctored.Some companies do this...Should have the date it was made and the latin names on the bottle.and if you can the E.O.d.d.
logo.This insure that you have a pure oil.Do becareful of the peppermint as to much can cause a headaches or tummy problums.The lavender(at nite) :smt015  :smt004 can be used in a bath(Mixed with a little veggie oil.)Also one or two drops on the pillow case before bed...
Good luck
RareE arth

motherearth49

RE:peppermint oil

Post by motherearth49 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm

I would use peppermint oil(inhale only) during the day :smt004  only as it will keep you awake. and lavender oil at nite...Try and find the best of both of these oils as you would be using pure rather that doctored.Some companies do this...Should have the date it was made and the latin names on the bottle.and if you can the E.O.d.d.
logo.This insure that you have a pure oil.Do becareful of the peppermint as to much can cause a headaches or tummy problums.The lavender(at nite) :smt015   can be used in a bath(Mixed with a little veggie oil.)Also one or two drops on the pillow case before bed...
Good luck
RareE arth

Return to “Aromatherapy”