oils

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kd

oils

Post by kd » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 am

what type of essential oils are used for stress and what is the most expensive oil

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi Kd,

Calming oils are good for stress but it really depends on what is causing the stress, whether its emotional, or physical or from other people. Deep breathing can really help especially with oils like chamomile and jasmine.

The most expensive.... that changes all the time depending on crops and weather and demand :)

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi KD   :smt006

It is really difficult to suggest a specific oil for anyone because Not everyone likes the same scents. There are many Essential oils that are good for stress and are emotionally uplifting, but you first have to be attracted to the aroma. It is best to go to a shop and sniff the testers, one at a time, breathing deeply the aromas and decide which ones make you smile. Hee hee.  Sometimes a blend of several oils is more effective. ( I like vanilla and Orange oil... reminds me of ice cream bars   :smt003  ) Over all the citrus oils are up lifting and very inexpensive. So are the flower essences, but they are the costly ones. Especially Rose attar. A small vial of Lavendar Oil can cost $10 dollars, the same amount of Pure Rose oil is $200, or more. Unfortunately, I am mostly attracted to all the expensive essential oils...  

Have fun with the essential oils... they are medicine for the mind and body.  I use them every day.  A few drops of lavendar in my dish water can change the way I feel about being the only one here who does the dishes!!! LOL

P E A C E
Evie

soulbmystic

hi kd

Post by soulbmystic » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:43 pm

the oils are amazing and depending on what is stressing you will lead you to what oil.  there really is no right or wrong oil to use just pick one that you are drawn too and enjoy!  

a tidbit about the oils:  
it takes a ton of rose petals to make a pound.  That is one of the reasons a good true essential oil is so expensive.  

Ps. check out the book "Vibrational Aromatherapy Revealing the essence of nature through essential oils".  It gives you information on different oils and their emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic transformation.  

( a shameless plug, and the author happens to be me.)

Blessings
URLs not allowed in signature. Please see http://mysticboard.org/mediakit.html for details.

Return to “Aromatherapy”