bergamot

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lilamsy

bergamot

Post by lilamsy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:33 pm

i recently spoke to someone who told me to burn and also wear bergamot. what does bergamot do?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:29 pm

I wouldnt agree with wearing it, the oil can make you photosensitve, so be careful in the sun.

weezerwall

Bergamont

Post by weezerwall » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi!  :smt006

Just writing you to share my experiences, but we probably all react differently to aromatherapy oils. I'm really NOT an expert - so please continue to research this before trying anything I've written here, OK??? :smt002  Maybe others will also read this and give us their opinions as well.

I think Bergamont is supposed to be good for the respiratory system (lungs, bronchia etc.) and the throat chakra.

I had to have a chest X-Ray some months ago and was really worried about the condition of my lungs.  I put a VERY TINY DROP of the oil into my sink (wash basin) with warm water and used it as a "steam"/inhalent for about 5-7 minutes.  BUT A VERY TINY DROP ONLY!!  It worked very well - I'd been wheezing a bit before.  

I have to speak a lot in my job (I'm a teacher) so on days when I have a lot of classes, I put a DAB on my throat and a DAB under my nose.  Very helpful for my breathing and keeps me from getting sore throats.

You should continue to do research and ASK a salesperson at the shop where you buy the oils. Sometimes they are pretty saavy.

Warmest,
Weezer

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Bergamot is very useful - great for building confidence, elevating your mood, mental relaxation. A lot of people will include bergamot in money-drawing spells. Never wear bergamot and then go out in the sun - it causes photosensitivity and your skin can burn/become discolored.

maynard4

Bergamot and BP

Post by maynard4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I am new to this board.  Can you tell me please if bergamot affects blood pressure?

Jey
God is Good

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:33 pm

All oils and aromatherapy has the ability to affect blood pressure, consult your doctor before using if you are at all worried or have any pre-exisiting conditions please :)

maynard4

Post by maynard4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks much.  I am also curious to know if anyone has aver been treated for high or low blood pressure with EOs.

thanks again for the warning,

Jey
God is Good

tjwaggs

bergamot

Post by tjwaggs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 am

for me, bergamot calms and centers me.

Saldaba6

Bergamot and BP

Post by Saldaba6 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:23 am

Do you drink Earl Grey tea and does it affect your blood pressure? Earl Grey tea contains bergamot:) Although it is photosensitizing, since it is both a calmative and uplifter and is most valuable in mental depressive disorders, I would not think it would affect blood pressure except perhaps to lower it slightly. Hope this helps:)
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

bluefairy

Post by bluefairy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi,

Bergamot is useful for nervous system : anxiety, depression, mood swings, worry and insomnia.

As I recall bergamot does not have affect on blood pressure. If you looking for essential oils for high blood pressure then I suggest you visit : http://www.aromatherapy-at-home.com/Ess ... ssure.html

As bergamot is phototoxic, so don't expose skin to UV for 12 hours after applying it into skin.
Learn How To Use Aromatherapy at Your Home.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

Return to “Aromatherapy”