Why we like what we like?

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rashida malika

Why we like what we like?

Post by rashida malika » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:31 am

Hi Aelis and everyone. :)

So I am often drawn to vanilla, cinnamon, lavender, nut butters... those kinds of scents. I guess they are all more calming. Maybe fire signs need to calm down? hmm.

Do you think it has anything to do with our sun signs? Like, Because I'm a sag are there other ones I should be drawn to as well? Or work with well w/my chemistry because I was born in the winter?

I wonder about these things. Thoughts?

:sniff sniff: Rashida :smt059 "heavenscent" hehehe.

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:56 am

Hi Rashida!

Answering your question: yes, probably. We are instinctively drawn to some scents which we later realize may be associated to our sign or to our angels... also a lot comes from our cultural background and what we have been taught to appreciate when we were children.
I'll post fragrances for Sagittarius... that covers both you and me :smt002 and I haven't posted them yet :)
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:03 am

Oh, and the ascendant may also influence. And if you are born on a cusp (the very first or the very last couple of days of a sign) you may also feel the influence of the sign right before or following yours. :smt002
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:55 pm

I've never been drawn to an oil because of the sign it's associated with - rather, I find that I instinctively gravitate towards oils that help with whatever mental/emotional problems I'm having.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:24 pm

I find that I am drawn to aromas that remind me of when I was a child (cinnamon, apples, peaches, etc.)  I guess I feel that everything in the world was OK when mom was baking or we were picking fresh peaches.  These scents mellow me out. :smt015

Return to “Aromatherapy”