i have a question from my text paper of 'advanced aromatherapy'

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

chinaphoenix

i have a question from my text paper of 'advanced aromatherapy'

Post by chinaphoenix » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:34 pm

my teacher ask me in text paper:
why are organic oils to be preferred to other types of essential oils?
i can't fnd the answer from my lesson.
anyone can help me? tks! :smt017

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Organic oils do not use chemicals in their  growth process, so no pesticides, hormones, herbicides etc were used on the mother plants, therefore no residue of these will be in the final oil :)

jld

Post by jld » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Also, essential oils are absorbed directly into the bloodstream when inhaled so it's better if they are free of these chemicals.  :) Some believe they are also absorbed into the bloodstream from the skin as well.

andrew2424

to your question

Post by andrew2424 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm

hey chinaphoenix

In reference to your question, technically there isnt any differences in either organic or other types of oils. I am assuming that the othe oils you were refering to are essential oils. When being classified as essential oil, they are extracted by a couple of methods. The common methods being used are distillation, which doesnt pick up much of other substances other than the highly voiltile chemicals found in plants. And as long as there arent any chemicals added to the end product, and the essential oils are extracted as a whole, then there shouldnt be any differences. A method of testing fr qualit is to test it through a mass gaspectrometer. That question asked is not a very good question. You will have to ask your teacher to which aspects/areas of preferences he would like to test your understanding on.

Hope this helps, although its a little too late... cheers mate

aromaremedies

Post by aromaremedies » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Organic Oils are also sometimes grown in VIRGIN SOIL if possible or soil that has been rested and tested.

Return to “Aromatherapy”