Magickal Aromatherapy

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Minyassa

Magickal Aromatherapy

Post by Minyassa » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 am

I have noticed many of the threads in this forum lean more toward magickal uses of scents.  There are many who would argue that medical aromatherapy *is* magickal by nature, given that the process of deliberately applying herbal lore to heal the body is an endeavor of compassion and will, but by some definitions they are distinct, separate sciences.  Education in scientific/medical aromatherapy does give a very good base from which to make magical discoveries by assocation.  When it comes to purely magickal uses, however, such as affecting one's personal fortune or a long-distance healing, a very good reference I have enjoyed for years is Scott Cunningham's book "Magical Aromatherapy."  Scott was a wonderful writer and presented a wealth of information in ways that are easy to understand and fun to experiment with.  His books are available through a number of esoteric book dealers across the Web, as well as Amazon (unless one happens to be boycotting that one).
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

maynard4

Post by maynard4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Can this thread tell me what is Raindrop therapy.  Is it aromatherapy, massage theraoy, or dermatology?

thanks much,

Jey
God is Good

Return to “Aromatherapy”