healing with tea tree

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

drrnwynbchnbrgr

healing with tea tree

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:36 am

Tea tree oil is one of natures most potent antiseptics .It eases acne insect bites and stings and helps to keep atmospheres germ free.

Tea tree a wild bushy tree native to Australia,yields one of the most active essential oils.it is valued for its stimulating and germicidal actions and refreshing camphor-like scent,making it pleasant to use in the home.it blends well with other antiseptic oils,especially lavender,lemon pine rosemary and thyme.

Used in shampoos and soaps for its cooling and antiseptic properties,it eases acne, thrush and cystitis.

Tea tree stimulates the immune system by activating the white blood corpuscles to defend the body against infections.it can reduce the length of a disease and is especially beneficial in treating both fungal and respiratory infections .
active ingredients include Monoterpenes  Sesquisterpenes  alcohols

aromaremedies

Tea Tree

Post by aromaremedies » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca) is first aid in a bottle...

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I've tried tea tree oil for a nail fungus and it did nothing for me:( I've tried almost everything, but nothing seems to work

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 am

Queenj1737 wrote:I've tried tea tree oil for a nail fungus and it did nothing for me:( I've tried almost everything, but nothing seems to work
Queen, :smt006

I recognise that this is an old posting, but as with many other conventional and natural treatments for nail fungus, you must first remove or clip away the diseased part of the nail for it to work at all.

Also it is recommended that the person should apply rubbing alcohol or methylated spirits (never to be taken internally) to the whole affected nail, with the purpose of removing the oily, waxy surface layer, which is stopping the tea tree oil from penetrating and doing its work of killing the fungus.

The alcohol/meths must be allowed to thoroughly dry, before applying the tea tree oil, or any of its benefits will be lost.

Please do not give up prematurely on the tea tree oil, but you must first prepare the nail properly to give it the best possible chance of working.

If however the fungal infiltration is too well established over a lengthy period of time, see your local doctor or pharmacist for something stronger. 

EoT  :smt115

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:52 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Queenj1737 wrote:I've tried tea tree oil for a nail fungus and it did nothing for me:( I've tried almost everything, but nothing seems to work
Queen, :smt006

I recognise that this is an old posting, but as with many other conventional and natural treatments for nail fungus, you must first remove or clip away the diseased part of the nail for it to work at all.

Also it is recommended that the person should apply rubbing alcohol or methylated spirits (never to be taken internally) to the whole affected nail, with the purpose of removing the oily, waxy surface layer, which is stopping the tea tree oil from penetrating and doing its work of killing the fungus.

The alcohol/meths must be allowed to thoroughly dry, before applying the tea tree oil, or any of its benefits will be lost.

Please do not give up prematurely on the tea tree oil, but you must first prepare the nail properly to give it the best possible chance of working.

If however the fungal infiltration is too well established over a lengthy period of time, see your local doctor or pharmacist for something stronger. 

EoT  :smt115
I'll have to give it one more go

Return to “Aromatherapy”