For relaxation, to sleep well

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MIKA80

For relaxation, to sleep well

Post by MIKA80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello,

I am looking to buy some oil essential to help me sleeping better (and relax).
I hear that LAVENDER is good, but I was wondering what I can associate it with? I heard Ylang Ylang is good too, can I mix the 2 oils? What else can I add?

Hope you can help me as I am new at this.

Also, is it better to use the essential oils (diluite it in water and spray it on the pillows before sleeping) or, to put the oils directing on your body OR to buy the dry flowers, put them in a small bag and under the pillow? (too much work! lol).

And, what would you recommend for sleeping well in case of pain? lets' say back pain, neck pain or menstrual cramps?

Hope someone can help !  

Thanks!! :smt006

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:59 am

at work we sell aromatherapy products.  our ones for sleep has vanilla mixed with lavender, some have chamomile and lavender together.  my personal favourite is black chamomile.  i have a spray and lotion of black chamomile.  they've really helped me with falling asleep.  they smell great too.

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 am

I sleep too well. However, the oils help enhance us, as many of us agree, to be more psychic. So in my room there is nearly always some types of aromatic scents.

andrew2424

Post by andrew2424 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

dear Mika80,

Lavender is a verstile oil that can be used for many purpose. for relaxation, any oil that induces a lowering of blood pressure, muscle relaxation should do the trick, provided your root of the problem is due to some other problems.

In general, you can mix ylangylang with lavender, for the purpose of relaxation. As long as you dont add any citrus to your max for the purpose of relaxation, that should do you fine!

In terms of application, if you like to spray it onto your sheets, mixing them in alcohol would be a better choice, water tends to wet the sheets a littel more than desireable. If you would like to apply it as a body oil, you might want to use a base/carrier oil alcohol might cause sensitative issue. scenting a pillo bag might do the trick for you ... but you might have to do it on a daily bases and not sleep directly on it.

Hope you find my information helpful

Return to “Aromatherapy”