Sandalwood: natural vs synthetic

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alee

Sandalwood: natural vs synthetic

Post by alee » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I just love the smell, i was wondering if the synthetic oil has any benefits since the natural oil is so expensive and even so how can u tell the difference?

What is the benefit of sandalwood?
whispers of the heart

andrew2424

Post by andrew2424 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 pm

hey alee

Essential oil has properties, benifits that one might seek for , for its purposes intended. Synthetics however has only the similar smell, but none of the therapeutic properties. For details, you should ask your therapist, or check out aromatherapy books.

Cheers

aromaremedies

Sandalwood Oil

Post by aromaremedies » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Always use the natural essential oil. Properties and benefits are- it can help with sleep, support nerves and circulation, help with depression and skin infection.

peaceandkarma

Post by peaceandkarma » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:23 pm

I've read that Nag Champa basic ingredient is Sandalwood with other scents added to give it its unique scent.

peterdoswell

Let Nature Take Its Course

Post by peterdoswell » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 am

Natural will have the properties of sandalwood because it is sandalwood . Synthetic will not have any desired affect but can be a bit like a placebo with psychological territory :) In itself you could say that synthetic could work as mind over matter :) Blessings . Peter

Return to “Aromatherapy”