~*~AROMATHERAPY RECIPE BOX~*~

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jake22

Post by jake22 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Bathing in bath salts has been known to be a good sleep inducer. Some folks use it to relax themselves after a busy day. I personally love lavender.

Mod note. Link removed, no advertising please

Henhenetti

Re: Migranes

Post by Henhenetti » Thu May 08, 2008 1:51 am

destiny wrote:I have just been diagnosed with migraine headaches. My husband had to call the paramedics to take me to the hospital. I HATE prescription drugs and need something natural to combat them. Can anybody help with this.  PLEASE
I noticed this post is pretty old... but by any chance, did you ever find anything for your migraines that worked for you?  I've suffered from them for years now and have been to so many doctors and had so many tests, I think I got headaches from them!  I still haven't found anything that works all the time, but one thing that works some of the time, brushing my teeth with paying special attention to massaging the gums with the brush bristles.  If your headache doesn't let up in about 15 minutes then it didn't work, that time.  But it might the next.  I'm sitting here now with one hell of a migraine... I think the rain caused this one.  :smt009
If you can't take the heat,
       Don't tickle
            The Dragon!

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:34 am

sno wrote:Are these things that you can buy from a normal supermarket?
I saw that these were all posted awhile ago, I recently just found the thread :)

It depends on the supermarket.  My local supermarket has an all natural section, and in it it sells essential oils.  There are about 30 or so I'd say that they sell.  Good for me since there isn't really another place in my general area that does sell them LOL :)  Hope you can find some!!
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

ccarrick

Refreshing Bath

Post by ccarrick » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 pm

I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and I use about 5 - 10 drops of peppermin essential oil along with 1 cup of epsom salts and 1 cups of coarse sea salt.  You should start at the 5 drops and then add a bit more until you feel a tinglin heat sensation.  Do not get it into your eyes and make sure it is mixed in the bath before you get into it.  The peppermint clears you mind as well as helps with the pain.  Too bad it is only temporary but its good to start your day.

Return to “Aromatherapy”