Hay Fever

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sno

Hay Fever

Post by sno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:27 pm

Does anyone know which oils to mix for hayfever? It gets quite bad when the ozone is high. Anyone know what I can use for the sinus problems etc. I hate using medication to control it.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:55 pm

ohh me too suffer frm bad sinusitis. have been taking homeopathy medicines which have helped to a great extent. oils also would be helpful.

lizmeegan

What about congestion?

Post by lizmeegan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:28 pm

What essential oils are good for that.
My sinus congestion is driving me crazy.

All the best,  LizK

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:42 pm

i think euclyptus oil shd help for congestion..i use it and i better.

Saldaba6

Hi there

Post by Saldaba6 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:41 am

Try a blend of three drops of eucalyptus essential oil, three drops of lavender essential oil and one drop of peppermint.
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Tuath boann

Orange oil

Post by Tuath boann » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 am

hey,
     Orange oil is good for your immune system, and smells good too.
Lavender too, i guess. maybe cause it awakens the scences-used to be used in smelling salts.
tea tree & lavender are great for the skin & can be applied onto skin (with few exeptions-ie eyes,mouth ect)
without carrier oils, so if you put them on you-they wont burn or irretate!

-jessx
Blesse'd be!

Rachel R

Post by Rachel R » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 am

I found some recipes in a book writen by a registered nurse named Valerie Cooksley.  She lists Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Juniper, Peppermint, Geranium, and Rose oils as helpfull for allergies and hay fever.  we make a Synergy for our Business called Spring Breath that has Blue Tansy in it as well as a combination of some of the oils I mentioned.  I know it worked for me.  Where I live we have cottonwood trees that when they are really going it looks like it's snowing in the spring.  I don't have allergies, but all that pollen was sure affecting me!  I stuck my face in front of a good diffuser and got some powerfull relief, fast.

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:14 am

My mother used to suffer from hay fever until she started chewing the capping wax from honey comb. Since then the hay fever is almost gone. For sinus suffers try magnet therapy, I know of some really good results. And of course eucalyptus and cyprus oils are great for sinus relief too.
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

Return to “Aromatherapy”