~*~AROMATHERAPY SALON~*~

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunshinez

~*~AROMATHERAPY SALON~*~

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Hello everybody...

I've been visiting this forum regularly since the past few days. I just came up with an Idea and decided to start a salon here :smt002

Here You can post in your queries regarding aromatherapy and I request the experts to reply to those. If any user other than the expert also knows a solution to it can feel free to post :)

I hope this works.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:21 pm

no responses? :(

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:52 am

Come on people I need responses to carry out wit this threaad.... I guess I'll make a start by mentioneing a few beauty and skincare aromatherapy recipes...

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:55 am

Acne Blend

Ingredients:

* 1 ounce light cold-pressed vegetable carrier oil (such as apricot kernel).
   * 10 drops lavender essential oil
   * 7 drops tea tree or New Zealand tea tree (Manuka) essential oil
   * 2 drops bergamot essential oil*
   * 1 drops geranium essential oil

or without bergamot:

* 1 ounce light cold-pressed vegetable carrier oil (such as apricot kernel).
   * 12 drops lavender essential oil
   * 7 drops tea tree or New Zealand tea tree (Manuka) essential oil
   * 1 drops geranium essential oil

Special Precaution: *Avoid exposure to the sun for at least 12 hours after applying this oil since bergamot is a phototoxic oil. There is a special version of bergamot that you can get called "bergaptene free" that eliminates the phototoxic properties of the oil.

Directions:
Pour the selected carrier oil into a very clean bottle (amber glass is best) and then add the essential oils and tightly close the bottle. Roll the bottle to gently mix the oils for a minute or two. Apply a small amount to the face, neck or back, but be certain to avoid the eyes, lips, nostrils and inside the ears. Gentle roll the bottle before each use to ensure the essential oils are properly mixed.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:56 am

Dry Hand Lotion

Ingredients:

* 8 oz. unscented lotion (many sellers of natural products and aromatherapy products sell unscented lotion, shower gel and shampoo)
   * 10 drops Patchouli
   * 20 drops Sandalwood
   * 5 drops Carrot Seed

Directions: The best way to blend the oils with the lotion is to pour the lotion into a bowl, add the oils and then mix very well. Once mixed, add the lotion back to the bottle. Patchouli, sandalwood and carrot seed oils help aid with dry skin. The patchouli and sandalwood oils have a lovely rich scent when blended together. The carrot seed oil is wonderful for the skin, but is a little harsh in aroma. Borage and Evening Primrose are wonderful carrier oils for helping the skin. If you have either of these oils or can afford to get a small quantity, add a little to your lotion for to give your skin even more nourishment. It is always wise to do a skin patch test first on new blends first before using often to ensure that you do not have a sensitivity to the blend.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:57 am

Facial Toner

Ingredients:

* 1 oz. vodka
   * 3 oz. witch hazel
   * 10 drops Grapefruit
   * 5 drops Tea Tree
   * 5 drops Cypress

Directions: Add all ingredients to a 4 oz. bottle and shake to mix all ingredients. Be careful when adding the essential oils. The first time you make this recipe, add only 10 drops at a time and test on a small area of your skin to insure no reaction before adding more oils to reach your desired strength. Shake the toner well before each use to disperse the oils.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:07 pm

Hair Conditioner

Ingredients:

* 1 tablespoon Jojoba carrier oil
   * 3 drops Rosemary

Directions:
Mix the Jojoba and Rosemary in a small bowl (tiny condiment bowls work great for this). Wet your hair with warm water and then apply the conditioner. Let it sit on your hair for 15-30 minutes. Then, wash your hair as normal. Jojoba and rosemary are helpful for dry hair. The rosemary is also said to be helpful in aiding dandruff.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:08 pm

Shower Gel

Ingredients:

* 4 ounces unscented shower gel (many sellers of natural products and aromatherapy products sell unscented shower gel, lotion and shampoo)
   * 40 drops of lavender or your favorite essential oils (be sure that the oils that you choose to use are gentle to the skin, and always do a skin patch test first).

Directions: Add the essential oils to the 4 ounce bottle of unscented shower gel and mix extremely well. You do not want to have pockets in the shower gel where the oils collect as the concentration of essential oils could cause skin irritation and also because your gel will not be fragranced thoroughly. Use as you would any shower gel.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Mouthwash

Ingredients:

* 4 oz. Water
   * 4 oz. Vodka (vodka may be substituted for water or a pure rosemary tea infusion)
   * 4 teaspoons Liquid Glycerine (available at many drug stores) - optional and simply sweetens the mouthwash
   * 10-12 drops Peppermint or Spearmint Essential Oil
   * 5 drops Myrrh (optional - Myrrh can assist in mouth and gum care)

Notes: This recipe makes a rather minty mouthwash but as it contains no added flavorings, it is not as sweet or strong as commercially available mouthwashes.

Directions: Boil the water and vodka then add the glycerine. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Add the essential oils and let cool for 1/2 hour and bottle. I like to bottle the mouthwash in a clear plastic bottle that has a flip top to make it easy to pour the mouthwash into a small dixie cup for use.

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm

Scented Hair

Ingredients:

* 2 drops of Rosemary, Lavender or Sandalwood

Directions: Apply 2 drops of your chosen essential oil to the bristles of your hairbrush and brush your hair well. The oils will leave your hair with a wonderful aroma.

chayke

mature but not yet wrinkled skin

Post by chayke » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:17 am

I would like some help with a recipe for my skin
I am 54 have very decent skin,
not at all sensitive.
I do have some lite brown spots I would like to remove.
thank you.
chayke

Lady Scarlet

Post by Lady Scarlet » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:21 am

i like your blends. do you have any others?? do you know of what kinds of places would have the essential oils?
for me, a dream is my window to understanding my spirit

Rachel R

Post by Rachel R » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:15 am

I got this out of a book called "Aromatherapy: A Lifetime Guide To Healing With Essential Oils" by Valerie Gennari Cooksley

2 tsp. Hazelnut oil
1 tsp. Avacado oil
10 drops Carrot seed oil
10 drops Rose hip seed oil
5 drops Evening primrose oil
3 drops Rose essential oil
3 drops Clary sage essential oil
2 drops Jasmine essential oil
2 drops Frankincense esential oil

My mom has had an Aromatherapy supply business for 17 years.  I've been her lab rat since I was 14.  Most of the oils mentioned in that recipe are pretty pricy, but there are always ones you can leave out, or experiment with.  Not all essential oils are expensive.  Lavender practically turns into an oil if you look at it sideways, so does Tea tree and Eucalyptus.  

Mod note: advertising not allowed unless by arrangement, link removed please see guidelines re links.

keljo05

Post by keljo05 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 pm

i have a question about the scented hair... i have very fine, limp hair - is the amount of oil small enough to not weigh my hair down?

Return to “Aromatherapy”