frankinsense?

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dawn

frankinsense?

Post by dawn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:35 am

i'd just like to know whether any of you like frankinsense?

i love the smell of it and it so helps to distress me.i also have the frankinsese incense which is fab.on that note, can anyone tell me of  something that clears negative corners in the home?

my ex left a year ago and although i have my soulmate now with me at home i feel there is some of my ex about in the home so id like to know how to clear the space.

sonny

Post by sonny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 pm

Juniper is an expellant !!!!!!!   LOL  so if you want to expel your ex from the home might be an idea to try it as an airfreshner or in a oil burner.

Uses are for

releasing, getting rid , clearing, opening channels etc. ( as well as being fantastic for urinary tract infections... )

Do not use it if there is any chance that you are pregnant as this is quite a poignant oil and we do not want to be expelling anything .  I used this oil for my first pregnancy with the knowlege of me being "safe" in the hospital - I didnt want to be induced so I was trying everything - curries sex raspberry leaft tea - you name it   BUT this oil brought on my labour - it helped my waters break....  use with care please.

Love and wishes
sunny

devilstrumpit

frankinsence

Post by devilstrumpit » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:11 am

Yes, I like the smell of it.  Have you tried the resin ?  That smells real good and you only need a little.

Saldaba6

Smudge

Post by Saldaba6 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:53 am

Hi there. In answer to your question of clearing out dark corners, may I suggest doing a complete smudge using sage and sweetgrass to clear out all negativity in the home. White sage works well. Using the seven directions, north, west, south , east, above, below, and within, smudge yourself as you are doing a prayer of release. Visualize the negativity leaving your home with the smoke from the smudge. Hmm perhaps I should exand on this a bit.
Using an abalone shell, add some sweetgrass and some sage. Light these using a charcoal burner. As the smoke begins to waft, pick up the shell. Face each direction in turn. Using your hand, in an upsweeping motion, push the smoke towards the direction you are facing. When you have completed the first four directions, raise the shell above your head slightly and again push the smoke upwards. Then bend down towards your feet and do the same thing. At this point , you are surrounded by the smoke. Say a prayer of release, such as, Oh Great Spirit, with this smoke I am requesting that the negativity be removed from my home. Then go into each corner and push smoke into the corner. After this is done, place the abalone shell in the middle of the room and allow the smoke to rise, as you visualize the negativity leaving in the smoke.
Hope this helps you.
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 pm

I love frankincense. It's a lovely warm mystical scent, especially if you find a good quality.  So far my favorite type has been one I obtained from Nature's Gift online store; they are expensive but they have very nice oils, and have carried a large variety of different frankincenses in past.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

theseralfamily

Post by theseralfamily » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:38 am

Frankincense you say...:)....*grins*....what do you know about the Liquidambar orientalis Miller tree.....these trees create "frankincense forests" here (Turkey)....

which is why we are spoilt and prefer liquid styrax and storax bark (frankincense) in our daily aromatherapy rituals...:D
We are a digital mom n pop store :)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Yes, I really like frankincense.  I like to burn it and then some myrrh.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 am

[quote="tourbi"]Yes, I really like frankincense.  I like to burn it and then some myrrh.
[img]http://www.paganscircles.org/smf/Smiley ... censor.gif[/img][/quote]

I may have experienced Frankincense but do not know for sure :-(

The part of the brain that deals with the sense of smell, they say, is the oldest part of the brain. What this tells me is that smells and smelling goes way back in our evolutional reality and growth (as mankind) to days when we were ruled by instincts more than by reason (the latest Maya or Illusion, by the way! The fact is that most of the crucial decisions made by modern men and women are instinct-based which are soon thereafter rationalized by some kind of reasoning and most of us think that reasons reign supreme!

It is strange also that the memory of smells is not limited in that small area of the brain which is responsible for the sense of smell. A Canadian neurosurgeon Penfield carried out experiements during his surgical procedures in which he touched parts of the brain (cortex) and recorded the responses (many of the brain surgeries are carried out with the patient not anaesthetized (YIKES!). Isn't it strange that the brain which is where we really process and feel the pain of the entire body is ITSELF completely devoid of the sense of pain and so does not need any anesthesia!

Penfield was touching small areas of the brain with an electrode and his patient reported memories including a strong recollection of the smell of burnt toast! This was an area way way away from the brain area that deals with smells!

It makes sense to me! If sense of smell was an ancient trigger for things such as self vs foreign in early times, then nature would make sure that it was represented and copied in different areas of brain (nature is not shy about redundance!). Think of it as making backup copies of important files, just in case a virus hits the computer!

In fact there are tribal instincts that still utilize the sense of smell to distinguish those that are of our kind vs those that are not!

Kewl stuff, eh?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Solwynn

Post by Solwynn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:21 pm

I love frankincense!!!! Its one of my favourite smells. I put some on a cotton ball when I've had a miserable day and need to unload all the goo I've picked up during the day. I'll be going back to work soon so I guess I should buy some more :smt003

I've mixed it with geranium oil and used a few drops of that in a tsp of jojoba as a facial massage on myself, daily, for a few weeks before bed. I have that lovely hormonal acne under my chin and it helped make a marked difference in the amount. Of course, the smell on my face was wonderful (well, I thought so, but the DSH can't stand the smell of geranium essential oil ) and breathing it in helped me to sleep faster.

Its also supposed to help joint pain but I haven't used it for that yet.

~Solwynn
The mighty oak was once a tiny acorn that stood its ground.

LisaMarie30

Post by LisaMarie30 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:00 pm

I enjoy it too. It's like a tranquilizer, plus it's excellent for meditiation.  A few drops in a hot bath with lots of steam is an instant way to unwind and open spiritual channels.

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 am

I like frankincense very much but use it not as much as other scents such as lemon or orange. Frankincense is rather expensive.

Return to “Aromatherapy”