Signing Posts

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vitaloo

Signing Posts

Post by vitaloo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:19 am

It's really frustrating that so far of all the posts I've browsed through on here and had responding to my posts - NOBODY signs their darn names on their posts - so you can't intelligenty say - Hey Judy -t hanks for the welcome or you're absolutely right about that -- you have to kind of just say ok thanks --

It would be great if you could make people sign their posts so you know who you're talking to - besides it's just kind of rude isn't it?? I think so

Lynne :smt019

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 am

I can see your point.

But since we are on the net....most use their "fantasy" name like yours vitaloo or mine Rhutobello or Rhuto

Some are more smart and put the name they want into the signature,

Well what I am trying to say is that most of us are pleased with the name shown to the left....this is your forums "birth name" and this is the name you can search all your post for. :)

But there are some people who still are polite and I like it very much :)

Rhuto

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:25 am

If I got a £ for eveyone that askedme what my name was I would be rich!!  lols!!

I'll give you three guesses and a clue.. it begins with G has three letters and ends in M   ROFLMAO

Maybe we do choose nicknames but plenty don't  heehee :)

Hmmm can I change my name on here? I wanna nickname!!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:59 am

sure u can ... tell em what u wnat and i shall make ur user name into ur nick:P

spookchild

Post by spookchild » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 am

I have this wierd thing where I hate when people call or speak my name to me. I probably need psychoanalysis, but it's true. I guess it started when I was little and my mother used to wake me up for school by yelling for me up the stairs. My husband usually uses an endearing nickname for me, so when he is mad he uses my real name. For these reasons, I don't like to hear my name spoken. That's probably the real reason why I'd rather be known as Spookchild than Carol.

Probably way more information than you were looking for, but I thought you deserved an honest explanation as to why at least one person prefers to go by a username instead of a real name.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:05 am

Gem wrote:If I got a £ for eveyone that askedme what my name was I would be rich!!  lols!!

I'll give you three guesses and a clue.. it begins with G has three letters and ends in M   ROFLMAO

Maybe we do choose nicknames but plenty don't  heehee :)

Hmmm can I change my name on here? I wanna nickname!!
I'll just call you Laura Dern. hahaha

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”