Poll to Implement Changes

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Which of these changes do u feel are MOST important to MysticBoard.com

Ranking for members based on number of posts+ special ranking for experts
18%
Display Gender
7%
Online forum Chat
32%
Photographs Section to post your snaps
4%
Separate Forum for Moderators
4%
Verification while registration of new members
14%
Testimonials section
7%
Rating of readers by members for whom they read
4%
Section introducing readers
4%
Conditions to be fulfilled before u get a reading
7%

Total votes: 28

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:53 am

Come-on swetha, I have told u, not all ppl lie, especially about something so fundamental. & anyway it is not as if we are having a dating site or something like that.

But misty don't feel bad for what u said, it was nothing big & as Samson said, the way I write makes them feel that way. So don't worry about it. I have nothing against u.

misty-midnightrain

I agree

Post by misty-midnightrain » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:27 pm

What would be the point if someone lied about their gender?  It would seem like a pretty dumb thing to do. We are here to enjoy ourselfs and talk, But it would just seem better if we know who we are talking to. Just an Idea!
Misty-midnightrain

Tish

Post by Tish » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:56 pm

I agree with Swetha. Take a look at the postings by Isbinuy29 and maybe you'll see why someone would lie!

But for most, it might be helpful, to give us more idea who we're talking to. Some names probably indicate clearly what the person's gender is if you're familiar with their language, but if you're not ...?

I'm puzzled by the bit about rankings. What would "high rank" entitle you to? And I do think it would make newcomers feel more awkward, less welcome. You already note the number of posts the member has made so far.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:30 pm

rankings= basd on no. of posts u have made and spcial ranks for readers. we were hinking on the lins of trading posts for quick readings, getting new avatars, gifts on the board, that kind of stuff.

amadea1949

Post by amadea1949 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:13 am

I think that if you rate readers, it would make them feel less like reading because people would expect too much of them.  it would make them more anxious to say something unless they are sure they are right.  Some people just starting out wouldn't feel comfortable reading and some people would only want to listen to certain readers.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is more comfortable not having a rating hanging over your head.
 I wish there were some classes.  In the site I used to go to we had classes on certain nights.  I know it would be kind of hard unless you had chat rooms though.  
 I like it here.  It is comfortable and there are a wide array of people which makes anything but boring.  I like that we can talk with people from different countries and get there opinions.  I know that I haven't been here very long but what I have seen and the people I have talked to, it's nice. :)
Have a day full of sunshine and rainbows. Harm no one but leave them feeling as if they met a friend.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:24 am

I agree with you amadea :)

There are no answer that is open for control on the time it is given.
The vote will then be given from what the inquirer believe is right...or suit best....this might not be what time will show is right.
We are a multi national community ....some Readers are good in English and can bring forward their thoughts ....other you might struggle a bit more with....but who can tell..who did the best job?
Some give sugar Readings other gives frank and direct Readings, but what shall we go for...the way we please our inquirer...or what is said.
Most of the times it's up to the inquirer to fulfill a reading, by changing habit or do certain thing....they might fail to do so...and then blame the Reader.
So I am against any rang...except the name Reader :)

And I hope you and other members will find MysticBoard so nice that you all will stay for a veeeeerrryyy long time, because when we as group gives, we receive so much personal education back :)

BTW I see that online chat is one of the winners...I will raise a finger and tell the danger....we all think it's nice that we have no clique here on MB, that we are open for all new members and show all the same respect.

With chat this might change...I recommend that those who need this tool to use those PM's system that is free on the marked for personal talk. We must not promote the option ourself :)

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”