an MB software idea!

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

chanceygirl

an MB software idea!

Post by chanceygirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I didn't linger through all the threads here....

I downloaded the MB tarot and runes software and am really enjoying it. The more I use it, the more 'in tune' it seems to answer my questions! Great job on this!!

How about a tarot software that is focused on the angel and oracle card decks from Doreen Virtue? The decks are called Messages from Your Angels and Oracle Cards, and they are beautiful decks. A friend of mine did an angel card reading for me the other day, and I enjoyed it very much and hoping that others could have this opportunity as well!

I was thinking if MB could a tarot card software similar to the MB Tarot software already here, but use the Angel and Oracle card decks instead. It would be relatively easy to program.

What do you all think?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:23 am

It is a great idea :) but sadly one that would most probably run into big copyright problems.  The deck that the software uses at the moment is the Original Rider Waite deck that was first published way back in December 1909, the copyright history is relatively grey after the death of the author. I would imagine that creating a software around a modern deck that is owned by someone, especially Doreen Virtue! would need very complicated royalty agreements that would make the cost prohibitive.

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”