No New Posts

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

starryskies

No New Posts

Post by starryskies » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:51 pm

I have accessed the forum about 5 times today. 3 of those times, when I clicked on "new posts" it said "there is nothing to match your search terms." I wasn't doing a search.

I always log on at 8AMm, GMT, when I wake up so didn't believe there were no new posts (there are usually 40 at least).

I had to click on "home" and go through every category individually to check for new posts.

This has not happened before today but still seems to be a problem.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 am

Now saying:

Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '1841942272' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_time, search_array) VALUES(1841942272, '43cdfcc11a00dc7b1fa64cbf0b36b5b2', 1198886415, 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:33:"41672, 41764, 41835, 41909, 41912";s:17:"total_match_count";i:5;s:12:"split_search";N;s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 737
File : search.php

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:30 am

try logging out and rebooting your computer .. I am not an expert but my forum has done the same thing and I had to do that.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 am

hey.. thanks for letting me know.. have upgraded the forum software..maybe something needs to be corrected.  will ahve it rectified ASAP.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:00 am

The way I understand how "New post" work, is that all is controlled by the cookie on your hard disk...and your last and first encounter with MysticBoard. (time stamp)

If you in any way have directed your browser to MysticBoard but then redirect or "have to log again" because your browser have deleted your cookie, then the time-stamp will be equal last post made in that moment you log into the community.
If you then search for new post you will find none because there haven't been posted new since you logged into the site.

The other fault is a error you get when the program try to access the dbase and fail...has no direct cause to your first question, because if you do a new search you might get up the result.

Yesterday I had about 40 % hit with "can't connect to database" when I tried to post anything or search for something, very annoying.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:04 am

With a second thought.....it is not controlled by a cookie, but more from your last log to the site, and it then put the times tamp on the server.

This I can see from the use of 2 PC, one from home and one from work.

Since the one know about the other, it can't be cookie, and since we always get the last post since our last visit, hit has to be put up time stamp on our account.

The "firewall" software I use on work many times delete my cookie on the hard disk.
When I then refresh a page, the forum program can't find that I am a reg user, and log me out and ask me to reg or log.

Many times, from work, when I forget to log out before leaving the site, I return as logged, but my first action lead to the above action.
When I then try to search for new post, I get this message as you point too, because the forum program acknowledge my first arrival and put up times tamp, then log me out and put up another and when I log back in, put up the new one..but now there is only sec between out and in, and that lead to "no new post" message.

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”