Because You Need Proof Here it Is

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sidewalk_bends

Because You Need Proof Here it Is

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Please see the exchange between Samson and Stan early in this thread and the exchange between Stan and Spiritalk.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... c&start=20

Issues I have with this:
1) You've already address the Samson issue with the "I see" versus "you are" and I've already given you my take on that.
2) I find Spiritalk's comments condescending. As a moderator, if the issue at hand is Stan's comments, then block them instead of joining the frey and stooping to a lower level.

Please see the exchange between Rohin and Stan. Some of it may be play but sometimes people go over the line. I was completely polite to Rohin in our discussion but yet he's allowed to be condescending towards me? If you do not understand the subtleties of the language then ask a moderator who can explain it.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... c&start=90

Please see comments made by Spiritalk. More people being condescending.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 58&start=0

There was also a past issue with a thread being locked down due to a comment I had made (for being seen as offensive because I had said Nostradamus was a joke) when earlier in that thread Samson had made comments that were openly rude. This issue is now resolved. Samson and I have no issues, nor do I and Suzisco (who had shut the thread down), but I bring it up because it shows a pattern of behavior, where some people are allowed to get away with things and others are not.

These are the instances I can remember off hand. Now you may not see any of these as being issues, but what happens is things are allowed to slide (maybe for the sake of discussion), and soon some take others to task.
I am just like you.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:04 am

please bear with me....don't let me cry from laughter....I had expected more from you then this SB......here they all are equal cruel or sarcastic...there isn't one of these who are a victim....and the biggest "flamer" is Stan.....just click his name and start on the beginning......look on all the attack he did on Spiritalk...look on how everything develop...if you do...then you will understand how other react to him......bottom line is that we have been to gentle with him to long.

But I assume Swetha will look at the thread...I have given her notice...so the case will be handled from her.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:16 am

Rhutobello wrote:please bear with me....don't let me cry from laughter....I had expected more from you then this SB......here they all are equal cruel or sarcastic...there isn't one of these who are a victim....and the biggest "flamer" is Stan.....just click his name and start on the beginning......look on all the attack he did on Spiritalk...look on how everything develop...if you do...then you will understand how other react to him......bottom line is that we have been to gentle with him to long.

But I assume Swetha will look at the thread...I have given her notice...so the case will be handled from her.
That's my point Rhuto, everyone is being sarcastic yet you only come down on one person. And if you look at it from start to beginning you will see how some comments are provoked, BUT you will also see how others are not. There is a difference between being sarcastic and being an ass.

And why expect more from me? I am as you as any other person out there. Rememeber, fallible and imperfect?
I am just like you.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:19 am

That's another issue. You take it lightly when it suits you. When it doesn't it's swept under the rug or ignored.
I am just like you.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:20 am

My biggest fault is that I did not Ban Stan long time ago.

Why?

Because he is all you tell us we have over looked, he has posted sarcastic post when people don't fit his opinions.

This have been read by other members, who then try to the same to him, this way we get a "bad climate"

We have closed down many a thread by Stan, and then we are attacked because we are hindering his freedom of speech.

Are you saying that we should allow Stan to go on, and then give all other an reprimand or ban them because they try to show him how he is?

If anyone want to see Stan's post, then please push his name...a new box pop up...please push on the link that says "show all post by this member" you will then get up a list.
Please feel free to read them and then evaluate if we have a man that have been miss treated.

If we on the other hand see anyone attack or give sarcastic remarks to members that normally NOT behave such themself, then we act because that is a violation against that person.

We have acted against RR and Samson several times, where their post have been moved to "Jail" and they have both received other means of warning....so has also other members.....

As I have stated before...."IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE ALL INFORMATION WHEN YOU LOOK AT A CASE" if not you all might do the opposite of what you are trying to do.

1) you are given the impression that MB are an unfair place to be.
2) you give the impression that moderators and admins are protecting some and harassing other
3) You are giving fuel to persons who enjoy fighting....not so much for the truth as for the fighting itself.
4) Members are leaving the place because they don't like the fighting and all the negative that is around it.

My request to all who want to complain is:
Use the proper way...Send a mail or PM to the boards owner ...the link for such complain are easy spotted...it is beside your name on the top right.

I agree with all that say we can do it better....and we try....but I disagree that the way this is done is the way to do it....then I think on your complain here and our discussion with Stan and you....that was degenerating and I was to blame for not stopping and banning on a far earlier point.....I will not do that again.

shubh

Re: Because You Need Proof Here it Is

Post by shubh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:13 am

[quote="sidewalk_bends"]Please see the exchange between Rohin and Stan. Some of it may be play but sometimes people go over the line. I was completely polite to Rohin in our discussion but yet he's allowed to be condescending towards me? If you do not understand the subtleties of the language then ask a moderator who can explain it.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... c&start=90 .[/quote]

Apparantly, "mercurial" and I are not the only ones having a problem with Rohini's attitude. I wish you would look inot the attitudes of experts (like you say Rohini is; and, something I have always said and agreed to).

I am nobody to judge you as a moderator. "Even God does not propose to judge a man until the end of his day, then who are we to do so??" But yes, it is my belief that something is clouding your ability to take action when so many complaints are there. I wish for once you would just conving him to stop being condescending and patronizing. It would really help novices like me.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:36 am

I agree that RR has a special way to talk to people....just like Stan had his way...It seems a bit strange that there is a lot of protection towards Stan and all other should be reprimanded.

When it cames to you and mercurials conflict towards RR, then before I did anything I gave a evaluation in the thread, where I pointed out that you both was new, that RR had been with us for 18 month.

If RR had been allowed to be sarcastic towards you both and none of you had responded with the same coin, RR had been the guilty person.

So was not the case....you both tried as good as you could to "fire" his attitude.....you was both sarcastic....and I had the impression that your goal was to take him.

When I reprimanded you all and said that I was "still smiling" RR posted a thank you and said that he would do his best to apply.

You on the other hand did not so....you started with "divine intervention" and back we was.

I again moderated the thread and cleaned out all the attack, and tried to solve the problem by asking or demanding that none of you should attend any thread which RR was attending "IN ORDER TO MAKE QUARREL"..... how can you say that this is an injustice......is it your human right to always quarrel with who you want?

I was not banning you.....I was not restricting you in anyway...I just told you both not to start any quarrel with RR!

shubh

Post by shubh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 am

[quote="Rhutobello"]
If RR had been allowed to be sarcastic towards you both and none of you had responded with the same coin, RR had been the guilty person.

................When I reprimanded you all and said that I was "still smiling" RR posted a thank you and said that he would do his best to apply.

So was not the case....you both tried as good as you could to "fire" his attitude.....you was both sarcastic....and I had the impression that your goal was to take him.

..... how can you say that this is an injustice......is it your human right to always quarrel with who you want?

[/quote]

I have a slightly different view Rutho.......Is it not the person who initiates the attitde problem at a bigger fault??...I was consistently polite with him initially despite his condescending banter...(you can check out the "Rahu in ascendant" posts for proof)...he just refused to back down despite me using all the politeness in this world...and its not like mercurial and I kept on "firing" and RR is not respond or kept mum.....while we had kept mum and trued to be humble even initially.....so I believe RR is at a bigger fault

Unfortunately, when you reprimanded "us"...its did not seem an objective reprimandation.....it showed a strong support to RR and his condescending views...I personally feel that if someone is incharge of a situation or trying to resolve something....an objective view should be taken...that is probably why we did not take very kindly to it

frankly there are just too many repetitions of people having a clash with RR.....i'm sre he is a huge book of knowledge.....but if he keeps on throwing the bulky book at beginners and slandering us...won't the purpose of this forum be defeated? Its just somethign I thought I should bring to the light in front og the Grandpa:-) of the forum

It is injustice because alsthough it is not my human right to quarrell with whosoever I want...but yes....its is to defend by self respect and ego...there is only upto a limit when people can take condescention

and if you see my posts....I have NEVER responded to RR unless he has spoken directly to me...something which i cant ignore...however, RR seems to have responded condescendingly to my general posts...despite them not being particularly targeted at him.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:48 am

In order to get this into a form that we all can agree upon, that gives little room for error and that WILL HELP ALL MOD AND ADMINS IN THEIR JOB I first post what you all have agreed upon:

_______

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

The next thing you shall do is to look to your LEFT

You will se an box that is tittled : "Report As Inappropriate Post"

When you feel you are attacked and you know that you aren't the one who have initiated it or been a part of its development, then you hit that BUTTON.

A new box pop up......into this box you put your opinion and state why you feel it is inappropriate and then hit the submit button.

This will then go to the mod for the forum and to the admin and we will look at the case.

If YOU on the other hand are a part of the discussion and a part of the inappropriate then we can't take part for you and blame the other...YOU HAVE TO BE CLEAN!!

This I hope all can understand.....if you behave nice and clean....then no one shall be allowed to attack you.....if you yourself are a part of the bad development by saying things that accelerate the attack against you then it is a fault by us to take your stand against another....because you are a part in it yourself. We will of course clean the thread, but you can't expect that the other part is solely to blame and then be reprimanded.
And in "MY OPINION" you and mercurial did so...you both posted negative remarks toward RR and that lead to his response....what you both should have done was to point out "inappropriate post" and let mod or admin evaluate the situation.

If you look what the result was of this combine action was, you will see that RR aren't that much here in the forum anymore.
You both might find that nice and good, maybe other who got help or might have received help from him aren't that glad.

We have seen attack on Gem, who have done a brilliant job in many forum.....that have given 100's or maybe 1000 of hours free of charge to this community.
What complains have we seen? nothing that can be proved as misuse from her part....we can all agree that we all are different...that we all can do thing different.....but where has she failed???
She has all the time when I have known her just done what you all cry for, she has stopped quarrels, she has moved thread to jail before they got out of hand, she have give courses....she have been her for you!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ALL THINKING!!!
Is you all Saints that do nothing wrong....have you all done all that is in your power to make US understand that we have failed and You all have right?????

Have you used " REPORT AN INAPPROPRIATE POST" and not been heard....or are you just making yourself a Judge without a Court!

I feel those claims that have been brought forward bear no right in themself.
I agree that we all can improve, and with your help we will.

I close the thread.....any accusations in the future that don't carry the truth, will from me be recommended to Swetha as reason for banning.

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”