20 posts per page

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Austin

20 posts per page

Post by Austin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 pm

5 is too little. Or at least give us the option to set this in our Control Panel.

Thanks.
Austin
ૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐ
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:46 pm

If a subject has more then 5 post it start to show page numbers.....if you follow a subject....you get links direct to the first post after your reply....often you ..or at least me...know what page my last visit was, on a subject that was of my interest.

If we shall start to display xx pages of each thread, the loading of each page will be slower, the use of bandwidth much greater and the surfing on the whole site will suffer from it and become slower....or we have to pay a higher fee in order to increase transfer rate.

Austin

Post by Austin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm sorry but i'm not sure what you were getting at in the first paragraph.

As for the second paragraph, wouldn't there be less bandwidth used in stretching the page by 5 or 10 or 15 more posts as opposed to reloading the entire page again with different content (the next page)?

I've also noticed no "Donate" button or link anywhere so that most likely means the website is almost completely funded by the advertisements. I'm sorry, i just don't get your side of the issue.

If you need, Google could pay for the hosting.

Again, at the least, if it were an option to, let's compromise on REGISTERED users i think that would be fair enough.. Yeah?

Most people don't post long messages so it's easier to keep reading and, again, you WOULD save bandwidth, not lose it and BECAUSE of the aforementioned reason.

EDIT: just noticed you have a donate link in your signature.. But it's not on the page, or main page.  :/

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 am

Austin, why & how would Google pay for the site hosting??

ddarrakgon

Post by ddarrakgon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:23 pm

I know I wuld like more messages per page that way I can read faster and not take so long to read 68 pages because they have to reload 68 times because there is no way to

reset the total to like 10 or 20 per page. Also save a lot of band width because people culd read more post without refreshing your side each time they switch pages from the

few 5 posts per page limit. Which also might cut back on memory because it does not have so many pages in memory when there are more on a page?

Any help here?

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:43 pm

I was just going to suggest this.
Another thing is that the response no matter how long is always in the same size box - which is big. So there is all this empty white space all over the place. Anyway for it to be smaller? Or adapt to the respective post?
Do you have a certain contact thing with the ad ppl, okay this sounds dorky, what I mean to say is can't you make the adverts a little smaller? They are HUGE! :)

Any info would be of great appreciation.
Thanx
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”