A suggestion regarding astrology forum by RohiniRanjan

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

A suggestion regarding astrology forum by RohiniRanjan

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 am

Hi Administrators,

Am forwarding a link for you to peruse. Being new to foruming, I would not know how practical the idea would be.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 854#161854

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: A suggestion regarding astrology forum by RohiniRanjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:15 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]Hi Administrators,

Am forwarding a link for you to peruse. Being new to foruming, I would not know how practical the idea would be.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 854#161854

RishiRahul[/quote]

Ah! Missed this *gem* all this time and so far (huge forum!) ;-)

The *practical* aspect of my suggestion arises from the following considerations that made me post the original suggestion of consolidating a FREE READING SECTION here:

*=* The reading seekers are generally distressed and distraught and feeling low in life and just need support, advice, a new perspective and generally do not care who it comes from or from which 'discipline'!

*=* It takes most people quite a bit of a personal effort to open their heart and soul to a public forum with thousands of members! Even if the poster is using a secret identity as many here do (present company excepted, of course ;-)

*=* Some readers are genuinely interested in helping other, regardless of whether they are astrologers (of any cloth) or psychics or tarot readers or whatever and some if not many of these gifted individuals use more than one or even a few modalities, so why limit them to this or that discipline which is but a small subset of their abilities, capabilities and expertise?

*=* While to some cerebral types it might make more sense to channel predictive expertise and modalities into narrow grooves (pun intentional!) very little of useful help given through divination (including the pseudo-cerebral/logical astrology!) is really cerebral! So why this hypocritical creation of artificial *lanes* just because some who do not *get* it have the power to control things or how reality should be shaped?

HENCE, I repost my request to open a READINGS SECTION on this GREAT forum where people post their requests for personal readings and let all READERS take a shot at the request!

Anyone feeling threatened by such a DEMOCRATIC, OPEN TO ALL SPIRITUAL/PSYCHIC/DIVINATORY DISCIPLINES COLLUSIVE, COMMON PORTAL/CHANNEL to receive the gift of approaching the ORACLE, as it used to be in the ANCIENT DAYS?

In case you missed, reader, I am proposing that we expand the original suggestion of mine to create a common reading section for ASTROLOGY to ALL FORMS OF DIVINATION!

[[ONE WINDOW SERVICE, THE MOTTO OF MODERN TIMES!!]]
;-)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 am

Without this being MB's official view, and after just reading your request once...I have following thought about it...it will be a mess :)

The one big positive thing I can see with such a "collected reading forum" would be the reduction for several request from the same seeker in different readings forum in one go.....but I am not sure this will outweigh what I think is more negative.

First, when more request hit one forum, the threads move faster and is more difficult to follow.
If you are on each day, this will not be a problem......but soon you will get a lot of calls that ask where their thread has gone....is it deleted? I can't find it..and so on.

Second....the Readers has to scan all request...I agree that the "subject line" shall tell what kind of reading is asked, but very few are using it properly.
As you say...many are new...many are eager...many are focused on their own problem....and they don't read any rules or suggestions...at least not all members do.

We have regular readers in Psychic, but lack some in all other.
The way it works today, the request in vedic, num and Tarot will stay collected on diff forum and if a reader with knowledge in that field pop in, he/she might respond to it.

If we have a collected forum, you have to search among those who has been answered, or scroll down the page to look for zero reply....or you will get a lot of "bumping" post in order to bring a request back up in the reading order, this might "lure" a "spot" reader to believe the request is done.

People has belief in so many thing....some believe that Tarot gives better result then Num....some that W Astrology gives better then V Astrology, by having them apart they have the option to ask direct where they feel their heart lay.

But we will of course discuss this matter, and hopefully we get some good moments brought into this thread too....as said....from my point of view I would loved to have only 1 forum....because you would have got rid of multiple request at once........if they don't do it in the same forum in order to cover them all :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:14 am

[quote="Rhutobello"]Without this being MB's official view, and after just reading your request once...I have following thought about it...it will be a mess :)

The one big positive thing I can see with such a "collected reading forum" would be the reduction for several request from the same seeker in different readings forum in one go.....but I am not sure this will outweigh what I think is more negative.

First, when more request hit one forum, the threads move faster and is more difficult to follow.
If you are on each day, this will not be a problem......but soon you will get a lot of calls that ask where their thread has gone....is it deleted? I can't find it..and so on.

Second....the Readers has to scan all request...I agree that the "subject line" shall tell what kind of reading is asked, but very few are using it properly.
As you say...many are new...many are eager...many are focused on their own problem....and they don't read any rules or suggestions...at least not all members do.

We have regular readers in Psychic, but lack some in all other.
The way it works today, the request in vedic, num and Tarot will stay collected on diff forum and if a reader with knowledge in that field pop in, he/she might respond to it.

If we have a collected forum, you have to search among those who has been answered, or scroll down the page to look for zero reply....or you will get a lot of "bumping" post in order to bring a request back up in the reading order, this might "lure" a "spot" reader to believe the request is done.

People has belief in so many thing....some believe that Tarot gives better result then Num....some that W Astrology gives better then V Astrology, by having them apart they have the option to ask direct where they feel their heart lay.

But we will of course discuss this matter, and hopefully we get some good moments brought into this thread too....as said....from my point of view I would loved to have only 1 forum....because you would have got rid of multiple request at once........if they don't do it in the same forum in order to cover them all :)[/quote]

My wise big brother!
I see the problems that you outlined!
My original request was to just combine eastern and western astro but even if that is done (less messy than a 'smorgasbord' approach :-)) there could be problems too I can see. Some readers may get a bit too competitive!

So for now, let us nix the thought!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”