Is this a forum for religion?

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Is this a forum for religion?

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Is it me or am I imagining things or am I just interested in answering those threads that concern religion.
But the name of this forum is Mystic board and we seem to be getting more and more bits about organised religion.
We have Dattaswami sending reams and reams of guff about god this and god that and I for one am getting bored with it.
Fair enough if there was 'mystical' element to it but all this god stuff is just statements.
I don't want anyone to think I'm picking on one person alone this applies to all of you.
UNLESS YOU HAVE A POINT OTHER THAN HOW GREAT GOD IS SHUT UP AND LET THE REST OF US TALK ABOUT WHY WE ARE HERE!

Pollianna

Post by Pollianna » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 pm

:smt002   mmmmmmmmm Prof, i get the impression you feel rather strongly about this.

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:11 pm

i would say Mystic board is not a religious board.There ares some threads non-religious ones but if you observe very few people would participate in the non-religious ones.Many would instantly get interested in the religious threads,which will go on for day and days.I have observed this personally.

Dataswami,you just observe his threads for next days.Something has changed.No one would complain now.

dhav ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

lighting strikes twice

Re: Is this a forum for religion?

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Is it me or am I imagining things or am I just interested in answering those threads that concern religion.
But the name of this forum is Mystic board and we seem to be getting more and more bits about organised religion.
We have Dattaswami sending reams and reams of guff about god this and god that and I for one am getting bored with it.
Fair enough if there was 'mystical' element to it but all this god stuff is just statements.
I don't want anyone to think I'm picking on one person alone this applies to all of you.
UNLESS YOU HAVE A POINT OTHER THAN HOW GREAT GOD IS SHUT UP AND LET THE REST OF US TALK ABOUT WHY WE ARE HERE![/quote

It's all for you professor  :smt005  :smt020

Psychic Chef

Relgious forum

Post by Psychic Chef » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi
I have also observed there is an increased amount of religious content posting in the forum at the moment.
Understandably you have little control on what people post if it is not a inappropiate post. and i have no issue with this type of content. Maybe a separate discussion forum for religion other than the spiritualiy forum could help rather than it being spread across multi forums.

Cheers Pete

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 am

Petethat's what i wanted someone else to come up with, thank you.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Guys,

We are aware of this and are taking steps to rectify the situation. Your comments have been noted :)

We do have a forum that allows religious topics in it's title, but recently a lot of members have been flooding General Discussion, among other boards, with posts and then leaving it up to the mods to move them :(

Spirituality
Spiritual, magical and religious topics of any kind.

The situation is under review as many of us think that Mystic Board is not the place for a religious soapbox. Any posts that you feel need special attention or that are unsuitable please use the report a post as innapropriate link on the left hand side of each post.

Thanks

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:43 pm

It's not that I think it's inappropriate to discuss religion, it should have it's own little box - what really puzzles me is why is a christian here? There must be loads of avowedly christian sites - sorry getting back on the soap box again.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:<clipped...>- what really puzzles me is why is a christian here? <clipped.....>
I guess I don't understand, why wouldn't a Christian want to be here? There are many Christians who are very mystical. &nbsp;I know quite a few Christians who are open to other's beliefs and would be thrilled to be here sharing. &nbsp;I don't understand coming here and just posting dry material that is hard to respond to, let alone understand. &nbsp;I think one of the great things about this site is the wealth of interests, the many different beliefs represented in religions and attitudes. &nbsp;I hope we always have Christians and people of all Religions. I think it is important to be able to all share. &nbsp;Image
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love &#2396;&#2366;&#2352;&#2366;
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 am

Tourbi if only they came and joined in with the spirit of the thing instaed of banging on about god this and god that, until someone raises the issue I don't bang on about my atheism, I don't try to browbeat
others into believing about dowsing, meditation, spirit guides (all of which I do believe in, and as far as I remember there is no mention in any religious book about these subjects).
By all means let christians in, although how they rationalize being is the same place as wiccans, magicians and the other varied tapestries that make up MB I don't know.
I'm a peaceful bloke (well I am now) and whatever I've done and who ever I've done it to is on my conscience.
Would the world be in the state it's in if there was no religion - no it wouldn't, no Jesus, no Mohammed, no Buddha.
If religion lead peope tohave open minds - no problem but it doesn't.
I can converse with a wiccan or a magician and try to understand how they perceive the world but withsomeone who just goes on and on about the glory of god etc. where's the conversation in that?

Pravin Kumar

Hello

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 am

Dear Prof.

If you have any problem with the word GOD being used then let it be Higher Intelligence, Superior Human Being or whatever is not objectionable to you. After all it is not meant to hurt Atheists that the above words are used. We have to subsist together and mix with each other and discuss so many other matters which are posted in the Mystic Forum. Initially this Forum was called Sunsigns.Org. Later on it got converted to Mystic.Board or what.

There are so many types of religions practised in our country and so many rituals and some of them I cannot see. But the law allows people to pierce their tongue, their cheeks with some pointed metal and their backs pinned with thin metal wire and they pull loads and what not? It is unbearable to see but we cannot help it. We have to close our eyes and bear it.

If somebody posts about God or Religion that is his understanding and you may disagree with it . To be frank you post in the Meditation and Mind Control and also on similar topics and I know you are an atheists, so I do not understand why you are against the above? You do not believe in God it is all right but there are so many others who believe and there are several hundred rituals and religions all over the world which people follow. Living in the same world are so many different types of people and so many cultures and we have also to live in that particular society. It is not possible to totally avoid what you want.

With due respect to your point I have mentioned my views only so that we may live and co exists in this forum by exchanging our knowledge which may be of help to others.

Pravin Kumar

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:13 pm

i do fully agree with the views and sugessions of Pravinji in this thread , i liked the way he replied to profji

profji can use the word super power instead of the word God, i respect torbiji's views too

I beleive in GOD , without HIM we would not have born , we see SUN , MOON ,Ocean &nbsp;all &nbsp;working under one mighty control ,they are working in one particular base ., without stoping &nbsp; even for &nbsp;one day or one minute &nbsp;, i say these forces of nature is itself called GOD , I beleive nature is GOD , GOD is nature , without this super power , the EXISTENCE of Earth is IMPOSSIBLE

GOD is OMNIPRESENT , because of varied religous believes , we may come across , so many forms , moorthys of GOD

BUT one should not deny that without the supernatural power , nothing can exists. &nbsp;RAM , RAHIM KUDHA ALLAH , EESAA &nbsp;JESUS, BUDHA &nbsp; all these are only names of GOD, BUT to me ALL IS ONE, ONE can see the presence of ALMIGHTY in the form of SUN AND MOON , without SUN one cannot IMAGINE about the survival of living and non living beings , as such i can say , our ancient forefathers are rite in worshiping these super natural forces, due to which still we are able to visit HoLI SUN temples &nbsp;in india and many parts of the world , we HINDUS celebrate various HOLI festivals like THE PONGAL SANKARANTHI BISAKI, CHAT, to thank SUN GOD , likewise we see celebrations in china , SInGAPORE,MALAYSIA &nbsp;, NEPAL etc &nbsp;, SPRING WELCOME is famous in AMERICA CANADA &nbsp; AUSTRALIAetc , this is &nbsp;also one form of worship of nature only

MY intension is not to hurt PROFJI, &nbsp;i respect elders , so profji please forgive me if u think i spoke anything adverse against your views ., i know i should not talk against elders , we indians are taught to respect elders

with love and respect
prasanna
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 pm

You've missed the point Pravin and and prasanna, to call anyone 'supreme being', 'super power' or 'higher intelligence' still implies something/body that is better than we are.
I happen to believe that we are the pinnacle of this cycle of evolution - there is nothing better, more evovled or beyond us.
Whatever the history of Mystic Board, we deal with what is now.
My real point is why is any devout religious person here?
Haven't they got their own sites?
I would not dream of going to a Muslim site and going on about the power of chi n the human body or a Christian site and saying ' well actually chaps the Buddha was there first and said much clearer'.
What do these people want?
Remember I'm a Marxist and we really did invent conspiracy theory.
All I'm saying to them is, go forth and multiply but not here.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:28 pm

I didn't realize this is an anti religion site, or anti Diety site. &nbsp;That was not my perception.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love &#2396;&#2366;&#2352;&#2366;
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Mystikal Miss

Post by Mystikal Miss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Prof. Akers:
&nbsp;You said: &nbsp;My real point is why is any devout religious person here?
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Haven't they got their own sites?

from what I've seen this is a site where anyone should be able to come and talk about there views with ppl who think and feel the same as they do. It's not meant to offend anyone, just simply the sharing of thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. We all just seek ppl that share similar views thats all.
"Don't cry because it's over, Be happy that it happened."

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”