THIS IS NOT A JYOTISH FORUM? RIGHT??

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
dhav wrote:... Having a sunsign symbol or moon sign symbol in our avatar would not change anything in the normal working here in the whole forum...

Yes, particularly if you are using the tropical zodiac and used to it :-)

LLL
Yes I am used to it.I am happy when i see my taurus icon in my avatar.As for moon sign calculated vedically I am saggitarus.That would be cool as well. :smt003
Last edited by dhav on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 pm

[quote="swetha"]hello,

first of all I am really to sorry to hear that have issues with the forum...you are making divisions within MB. we belong to Mystic Board as ONE. do keep that in mind. I do not disagree with your point.. but there is a way for things to be said not in CAPITALS.

this is a phpBB forum and there are certain limitations like the zodiac thing.. it isn't in my hands...if you can get me a good programmer and pay for him/her or get the code written I shall be happy to implement it.

we try to do the best we can..so kindly appreciate. And we are more than a Jyotish forum :-)[/quote]

Dear Swetha,

I think you are misunderstanding a few things here.

I do not have *issues* with the board because if I did, I would not be participating and posting in many of the areas here and often in a supportive manner (like my post in the western tropical forum yesterday where I tried to respond to someone who was putting one zodiac over the other. Many similar posts exist.

Must also clarify that when I use forum I mean the sections (like vedic astrology, philosophy) and not the sense in which you used the forum (I call that board). Well at least I made you smile when you reminded me that this is more than the jyotish 'forum'. I know since I probably post a lot and in many areas! Anway, those semantics out of the way ...

I was not trying to divide the board or the family and friendships that exist here. I was not trying to make you spend money or go through the trouble of programming. I somehow got the impression that it was done in-house (All those note board script upgrades). Now you have explained that the conversion from tropical to sidereal will cost you and difficult to program, so that is fine we can live with that. But please don't accuse me of trying to split the board (pardon the pun) or create divisions --- Wow!

And while in the infancy of internet communications, UPPER CASE was always considered as someone yelling, lately, it has been used for emphasis also. It was in that vein that it was used. My apologies for your feeling shouted at :-)

I hope your misunderstandings and misgivings have been put to rest with this post ...

Love, Light and Levity ...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:00 am

Hello RR,
I am sorry if I came across as being rude..:-)
I know there is lots to be done and everything costs money:)
Will surely keep your suggestion in mind when we upgrade next time and if I can get someone whom I can afford to write the code.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:23 pm

[quote="swetha"]Hello RR,
I am sorry if I came across as being rude..:-)
I know there is lots to be done and everything costs money:)
Will surely keep your suggestion in mind when we upgrade next time and if I can get someone whom I can afford to write the code.[/quote]

Dear Swetha,

I don't think you had been rude at all! We just communicated frankly and clarified the situation. You explained and I now understood your situation better. I had originally thought that all the programming was done in-house and was an easy fix.

It is not that I am hung-up on this great big tropical sidereal divide. In fact I have some ideas about how the two zodiacs can be simultaneously applied (but not interchangeably of course) which I will write about some day after collecting more findings.

One easy fix for those who absolutely MUST see their sidereal sunsign icon, would be to enter a birthdate that is approximately 23 days prior to the actual date. so, entering 3 would get me my sidereal sunsign but ofcourse the rest of the chart would be wrong. I am not recommending that people do this, of course ...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:34 pm

This is being too technical and away from astrology technical discussions,

site moferator

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]This is being too technical and away from astrology technical discussions,

site moferator[/quote]

Thank God you did not label it as sentimental or emotional, Dear Site Moferator!!

EL TORR  :smt003
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”