THIS IS NOT A JYOTISH FORUM? RIGHT??

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

THIS IS NOT A JYOTISH FORUM? RIGHT??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:01 am

About time someone spoke up, particularly a JYOTISHI who is independent and several other things that some of the others do not seem to be ;-)

I am talking about this TROPICAL sun-sign that this forum is forcing upon us even in the vedic astrology section which uses sidereal zodiac: the What you see is what you get zodiac! Look up and you will SEE!

I have nothing against the tropical zodiac, which is earth based, and season - based and seasons change and so on!

WHY ARE THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN VEDIC ASTROLOGY and USE the SIDEREAL ZODIAC being forced to be mislabeled on this FORUM?

Is it a, "TAKE IT OR LEAVE..." proposition?

SWETHA -- This MUST BE CORRECTED soon because it is simply INCORRECT in the JYOTISH framework and disrespectful for those who do not use the tropical zodiac.

PLEASE GIVE US BACK OUR TRUE SIGNS! Which are moon signs and in the sidereal zodiac anyway!

I am surprised that I an ordinary citizen on this metropolis had to bring this up where we have a WHOLE BUNCH of JYOTISHIS AND JYOTISH GURUS AND GURUKULS AND SO ON!!

WHEN WILL WE JYOTISH-TYPES GET *OUR* ZODIAC BACK MODERATORS AND OWNERS?

AND IF THERE IS A TECHNICAL PROBLEM, CAN WE PLEASE TURN OFF THIS ZODIAC SIGN FEATURE WHICH HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE WRONG AND MEANINGLESS ALREADY! BY ITS OWN FOLLOWERS! AND HAS PROMPTED BOOKS SUCH AS ASTROLOGY AND SUPERSTITION BY EYSENCK AND NIAS!

APPENDUM:

STATS COLLECTED AT:
2008-04-19 23:03 CDT

On this Mystic board forum:

Western Astrology 477 topics 2265 posts
western astrology reading forum 193 topics, 857 posts

Vedic Astrology 1695 Topics and 10069 Posts
Vedic astrology reading forum 865 topics, 4135 posts

Despite its nearly 4X higher usage and value, JYOTISH and SIDEREAL zodiac has received a back-seat on this forum!

Under our forum names and awatars we are given a zodiacal label that is tropical and meaningless for us!

WHY? Should we be *labelled* like this? Should we not speak up??

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 am

Rohiniji
On this Mystic board forum:

Western Astrology 477 topics 2265 posts
western astrology reading forum 193 topics, 857 posts

Vedic Astrology 1695 Topics and 10069 Posts
Vedic astrology reading forum 865 topics, 4135 posts
Unquote

I had this feeling two weeks back and wanted to bring this to light. Thanks for this post

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 am

Then we are giving you the   TROPICAL sun-sign  so that none of you forget your little "sister" Western Astrology :)

(Huuuummm maybe we can draw the conclusion that western people, aren't that much controlled by the star as vedic people, and the funny thing is that they still are able to function even so, there is marriages every day :) :) )

But the "ball" is on our Headmasters" field, so maybe you will get your funny looking sign soooooonnn :)

BTW, I assume that you want the sign only to display when you are in vedic part of the site?, if not, then we must start to ask people question when they reg...what kind of Astrological belief do you have?......huuummm  maybe that would bring up "bad thoughts" :)

So even me would have a new sign in Vedic, and I would find that exciting, just like I hope you find ours now :)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:05 pm

I think it would be neat to have both signs.  For me, westerner that I am, it would help to have both.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm

This forum is to discuss about sun-sign or moon sign symbol in our avatar??? :smt017

I thought we discussed about serious vedic matters here by serious people witha great mind.
Despite its nearly 4X higher usage and value, JYOTISH and SIDEREAL zodiac has received a back-seat on this forum!
If it had indeed taken a backseat then how come it got more responses in Vedic than in Western.

I am sure the moon-sign or sunsign matter won't bother most people on MysticBoard.
:smt004
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:43 pm

I think the main problem stay in the forum software....what it allow and what it don't....MB as such has little they can do....if they don't hire a programmer for phpBBS :)

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Dear Grandpa,

I second Rohini Dada..

Instead of ASSUMING...i would suggest to give the option of choosing between  Western and Vedic (Signs) to the new and all registered users

a small check or radio button to click!!!!... like which one you prefer? i guess with this your sincere concern "bad thoughts" shall be addressed

Just my thoughts:-)

Regards

ChanDubai

Rhutobello wrote:Then we are giving you the   TROPICAL sun-sign  so that none of you forget your little "sister" Western Astrology :)

(Huuuummm maybe we can draw the conclusion that western people, aren't that much controlled by the star as vedic people, and the funny thing is that they still are able to function even so, there is marriages every day :) :) )

But the "ball" is on our Headmasters" field, so maybe you will get your funny looking sign soooooonnn :)

BTW, I assume that you want the sign only to display when you are in vedic part of the site?, if not, then we must start to ask people question when they reg...what kind of Astrological belief do you have?......huuummm  maybe that would bring up "bad thoughts" :)

So even me would have a new sign in Vedic, and I would find that exciting, just like I hope you find ours now :)
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 pm

[quote="Rhutobello"]Then we are giving you the   TROPICAL sun-sign  so that none of you forget your little "sister" Western Astrology :)

So even me would have a new sign in Vedic, and I would find that exciting, just like I hope you find ours now :)[/quote]

Rhutobello,

At the risk of waking up the Lioness ;-)  yes that would be an interesting little additional patch that would take the birthdate and calculate the sidereal sunsign! The sign graphic remains the same but just shifts back in 2/3rd of cases. For instance a leo would perhaps show up in vedic forum as a cancer. No new glyphs would need to be generated (so no funny signs, just funny positions!).

I think you are right. Fewer people in the west (and developed nations generally) are seriously into astrology and just look at the lighter aspects of sun-sign astrology (I am talking about the common man and woman and not the western astrologers who are comparably serious about their craft just as a jyotishi would be). Most westerners are more interested in spiritual aspects and psychological growth and maturity and fewer questions come from them about jobs and money (relationships yes!).

Since sidereal zodiac would depend on the ayanamsha or precession of equinoxes, it would be simpler for you guys to use Lahiri ayanamsha which is followed by many individuals here and generally speaking it is the one that is endorsed by the Govt of India, KN Rao, Sanjay Rath and similar contemporary teachers and leaders.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote="Rhutobello"]So even me would have a new sign in Vedic, and I would find that exciting, just like I hope you find ours now :)[/quote]

You would be a virgo in the vedic zodiac. The way you tend to think things through, logically and like to consider many things and factors and make up your mind pretty quickly, I am not surprised ... ;-)\

Of course, I of all people should not be popping opinions based on only one factor. Now if you were leo rising, then that would be two factors!

LLL
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:57 pm

hmmm....seems I have to become a believer :)......but my wife tells me that I must at least have all planets in Retrograde :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:26 pm

[quote="Rhutobello"]hmmm....seems I have to become a believer :)......but my wife tells me that I must at least have all planets in Retrograde :)[/quote]

You will retain all retrogression you have acquired (it is like karma!) even if you convert to jyotishism ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 am

hello,

first of all I am really to sorry to hear that have issues with the forum...you are making divisions within MB. we belong to Mystic Board as ONE. do keep that in mind. I do not disagree with your point.. but there is a way for things to be said not in CAPITALS.

this is a phpBB forum and there are certain limitations like the zodiac thing.. it isn't in my hands...if you can get me a good programmer and pay for him/her or get the code written I shall be happy to implement it.

we try to do the best we can..so kindly appreciate. And we are more than a Jyotish forum :-)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:23 pm

[quote="dhav"]This forum is to discuss about sun-sign or moon sign symbol in our avatar??? :smt017

I thought we discussed about serious vedic matters here by serious people witha great mind.

[quote]Despite its nearly 4X higher usage and value, JYOTISH and SIDEREAL zodiac has received a back-seat on this forum!
[/quote]

If it had indeed taken a backseat then how come it got more responses in Vedic than in Western.

I am sure the moon-sign or sunsign matter won't bother most people on MysticBoard.
:smt004[/quote]

Dhav,

Sunsign and moonsign *are* very important in all forms of astrology. Taken extremely seriously in Jyotish and form 2/3rds of the sudarshana chakra considerations.

But I am preaching to the converted, I suppose ;-)

Love, Light and Levity
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
dhav wrote:This forum is to discuss about sun-sign or moon sign symbol in our avatar??? :smt017

:smt004

Dhav,

Sunsign and moonsign *are* very important in all forms of astrology. Taken extremely seriously in Jyotish and form 2/3rds of the sudarshana chakra considerations.

But I am preaching to the converted, I suppose ;-)

Love, Light and Levity
Dear RR,

I agree that sun sign and moon sign both got its importance.I don't favor any one of them.I just felt the topic is not a serious one here.Having a sunsign symbol or moon sign symbol in our avatar would not change anything in the normal working here in the whole forum. I think Swetha already gave the answer to you,so it's a closed matter now.

Regards,
dhav :smt006
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:37 pm

[quote="dhav"]... Having a sunsign symbol or moon sign symbol in our avatar would not change anything in the normal working here in the whole forum...[/quote]

Yes, particularly if you are using the tropical zodiac and used to it :-)

LLL
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”