I see nothing has changed.

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

I see nothing has changed.

Post by looking_glass » Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 pm

In reference to the locked thread with the Prof and Lighting:

I see nothing has changed in terms of treating everyone equally on the board. It's clear there is bias towards and against certain folks, because this is not the first time I've seen certqain people's posts blocked, deleted or locked. People with strong opinions (whether reasonable to a person of a different mindset or not) can alienate others. This does not mean that their views are not valid. One person's idea of the truth may be another person's lie or sarcastic comment, and vice versa. No one knows another person's intent lest it be shown to you. With that in mind, if a person can dish it out, certainly they can stand to recieve the responses they get.
awarenessoftheheart.com

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Posts deleted,blocked or locked are posts which are innapropriate in the sense that it create awkwardness and negativity in the board and to the people here.

You just scan the posts and see who got most posts which consists of only arguments and and bad impression.Evryone has their truth and everyone should grow by learning themselves not by being imposed about others' beleifs.You don't beleive in something just put it aside.Trying to prove things wrong will only create wrong things.

dhav
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sat May 17, 2008 4:47 am

dhav wrote:Posts deleted,blocked or locked are posts which are innapropriate in the sense that it create awkwardness and negativity in the board and to the people here.

You just scan the posts and see who got most posts which consists of only arguments and and bad impression.Evryone has their truth and everyone should grow by learning themselves not by being imposed about others' beleifs.You don't beleive in something just put it aside.Trying to prove things wrong will only create wrong things.

dhav

That's a problem. You can't just "scan" a post and see if it is a problem. With everything you have to take things with a grain of salt. Some things are said in such ways to make a person think, while some things are said to purposefully hurt. Some people are also terse, while others toe the line. We're not all the same and we don't all speak the same. The point is, be consistent if you are going to call a person out; Call a spade a spade.

ie, I didn't care that lighting's post was removed for it's inappropriateness, but the post that caused the response was never removed nor addressed; which some could have found offensive.
awarenessoftheheart.com

clover73

Post by clover73 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:43 am

Looking Glass,

Boy, you are just on a rampage today aren't you.  In my opinion you are being a little bit of a hypocrite.  You speak in this thread about letting people voice their opinions, thoughts, etc.  however you posted a message to Psychic Chef about a prediction that he gave you in September and how you don't think it's appropriate for him to say certain things.  Which is it?  Would you like to have the freedom of speech here or would you like people to be mind readers and try to determine what type of "mood" you are in and what type of information meets "your" standards.  If you don't like what people are saying on a certain thread then perhaps you should move on and not be a part of it instead of posting negative messages all over the board.  You should take your own advice and "take it with a grain of salt".  Slamming people for trying to warn you or prepare you for things is not really productive.
Clover73  

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sat May 17, 2008 6:01 am

clover73 wrote:Looking Glass,

Boy, you are just on a rampage today aren't you.  In my opinion you are being a little bit of a hypocrite.  You speak in this thread about letting people voice their opinions, thoughts, etc.  however you posted a message to Psychic Chef about a prediction that he gave you in September and how you don't think it's appropriate for him to say certain things.  Which is it?  Would you like to have the freedom of speech here or would you like people to be mind readers and try to determine what type of "mood" you are in and what type of information meets "your" standards.  If you don't like what people are saying on a certain thread then perhaps you should move on and not be a part of it instead of posting negative messages all over the board.  You should take your own advice and "take it with a grain of salt".  Slamming people for trying to warn you or prepare you for things is not really productive.

It's not being hypocritical at all. I asked that rules be applied evenly and not selectively. I didn't call for Pete to be banned nor for his prediction to be banned. I did however suggest he take into consideration such predictions.

In terms of Pete's "reading," it was not a reading that was asked for nor invited. He was however free to give it. At the time I warned him of giving such predictions because I felt they were not a game. He expressed they were not a game then and he said as such now. I accept that. I have no problems with Pete. What we are doing is something called communicating. I disagreed with him and he was kind enough to respond.

At the end of the day - we walk away and come back.

In other words, don't assume you know my intent.
awarenessoftheheart.com

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sat May 17, 2008 6:34 am

I just wanted to update that the discussion between Clover and I was resolved in this thread

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 57&start=0

Didn't want to end this thread with it looking like we had at it.
awarenessoftheheart.com

clover73

Post by clover73 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:41 am

Thanks!!  It makes me feel better too! :)  All is good now.

K
Clover73  

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat May 17, 2008 9:39 am

looking_glass wrote: It's not being hypocritical at all. I asked that rules be applied evenly and not selectively.
At the end of the day - we walk away and come back.

In other words, don't assume you know my intent.
When we lock or move a thread...then we don't assume what your intent is...or the posters intent is...we look at what we think the READER will get from it.

So if someones writing style is a bit aggressive...then we can't go around evaluate what we think he meant with it....we must just see what we get out of it....and since we shall protect other members...we let the doubt go to other members and not to the POSTER!

Hope this explain it, and if one get ones thread locked often...well then maybe one shall evaluate ones writing style and start to show a sort of moderation.

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat May 17, 2008 11:45 am

My point exactly Rhuto, but just how many do we see that never get touched and as you know that there are quite a lot of people who just bluntly get away with it, I've been here for a while now and have noticed how the rules seem to change for all the members, there doesn't seem to be one set of rules for everybody but instead everybody has there own set of rules and to further this argument it doesn't matter if you Block or Delete a post the damage had already been done.

Samson.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat May 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I don't think there are any person who are perfect, neither do I think any Admin or Moderator are so either, even if they have got a fancy name.

It must be clear that we all evaluate a case different..it all depend how involved you are in the discussion...how much you like or dislike the person you are discussing with and so on.

From this we can draw the conclution that different person has different opinions about the seriousness of any post.

Now there are some people who are given the task to evaluate and they are called Admin and Moderators.
None of these persons can do a "poll" each time a post shall be evaluated...they have to do it there and then, and from their own comprehension of the case.

Hopefully most members agree with the action....but we are aware that several will have other opinions...as stated above.

If Admin and Moderators make many "mistakes" then a bigger choir then the few will cry out that we do mistakes, even among ourself, we are not a group that is made to make it difficult for you all...but more the opposite.

We have been true this same discussion before with LG, maybe under another name, but this is nothing new.

As long as there are people who are given a task to moderate, respect that, if you disagree with the "continuing wrong action" then put a complains to the sites owner and we will evaluate the case.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Samson wrote:My point exactly Rhuto, but just how many do we see that never get touched and as you know that there are quite a lot of people who just bluntly get away with it, I've been here for a while now and have noticed how the rules seem to change for all the members, there doesn't seem to be one set of rules for everybody but instead everybody has there own set of rules and to further this argument it doesn't matter if you Block or Delete a post the damage had already been done.

Samson.
Hi Samson,

I would like to add that, speaking as a moderator here, we each have different areas to moderate. So it is quite possible that a post similar to one that I may moderate in one of my forums for being unsuitable or offensive may quite easily be left on view in an unmoderated forum, or a forum moderated by someone else. I personally don't like the lack of continuity as it causes problems like this, but in such a huge forum that is often busy it is going to happen and sadly quite often, unless Mystic Board take on global moderators that have the ability to moderate all forums under one criteria. It is sad to see some moderators acting in a biased way and joining in arguments and adding personal attacks and comments rathering than acting objectively and removing the posts from view.

If we remove a thread we get yelled at and attacked in pm and threads, if we don't act we get yelled at and atacked in pm's and threads......

Personally I don't see this thread as going anywhere constructive, instead leaving it here is just pandering to the political correctness supporters who cry freedom of speech at every sentence, and dragging dirty washing out into the street where it scares new members and regulars from posting.

Rhuto does his best to get everywhere but sometimes even his patience thins and reading several hundred posts in a short space of time can cause confusion and misunderstandings and an attitude of lets see what happens.

The moderator team is very small for a forum of this size, but as you know, a larger team can be far less effective and can cause squabbles and arguments and personality clashes.

Soooo..... catch 22?

Please report the posts and they WILL get reviewed by the first mod on site.

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”