suggestion

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

suggestion

Post by looking_glass » Mon May 19, 2008 6:28 pm

If a topic is removed, can a notation or a PM be sent to the poster so that we know why it is removed so it can be modified without there being a misunderstanding. Thanks.
awarenessoftheheart.com

Gem

Re: suggestion

Post by Gem » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 pm

looking_glass wrote:If a topic is removed, can a notation or a PM be sent to the poster so that we know why it is removed so it can be modified without there being a misunderstanding. Thanks.
Hi there :)

Speaking for myself, I rarely pm people whose posts I close or move, not by choice,  but sometimes there are just too many and sometimes the people never read their pm's or even return to the board. It is expecially hard right now with the critical database issues as there are so many duplicate posts and posts in the wrong places.

However you are refering to posts that are removed so presumeably these have been deemed unsuitable for some reason. I am not making excuses and I think you have brought up a valid point that I will bring to the attention of the staff team. After all how is a member supposed to know what they have done 'wrong' or what is unsuitable if they just find their post is gone rather than an having a brief explanatory pm sent. Many people will just re-post thinking the post didn't go through properly. But we are talking a real minority here, many regular posters know exactly what is expected and what is allowed and likewise staff members may deem it necessary to immediately remove posts from known quantities that will obviously lead to board disruption.

If a pm or warning has been sent  (and usually the admins do this) and the member keeps on posting similar unacceptable messages then a ban would probably result. Perhaps asking if a subject is suitable may be a way forward, even if not very liked, too. Or pming the board moderator or any admin to ask what has happened may help?

But I think that your point still remains valid, otherwise how can a member be educated about the content of their post having the potential  to cause unwanted repercussions from some areas of members in such a diverse, cosmopolitan and worldwide board, or even understand where their post has gone?

Lets see what happens.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon May 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks Dhav and Gem for the clarification!
awarenessoftheheart.com

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”