suggestion

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

suggestion

Post by Doe » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi, everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much; I'm still down in Florida, chillin', as they say!  :smt004  (And learning a lot, as I always seem to do down here with some peace and quiet and open space around...)

Anyway, I kind of "fell into" a discussion on another site that made me think of something (I'd just gone on to make a comment about the new show on A & E--"Psychic Kids"--and it turned into a very long discussion of a lot of things).

The discussion on the other site was/is about how young people who seem to have psychic abilities of one sort or another can so easily be exploited by such shows, as well as by others.  They're also dealing with all of the usual challenges of being young, in addition to sometimes being frightened, confused, and upset by their experiences, and made to feel "weird" or "crazy" if they try to tell others.  It seems that they, in particular, need support.

So I told the people on the other site that I would suggest here (I've been telling them all about MB!) that there be a separate area for young people trying to come to terms with their abilities.  I know that there are several here already; I'd like to know what they'd think about a "space" of their own where they could share their feelings and experiences safely, possibly with a more experienced moderator involved.

Just a thought...hope everyone is doing well, and I'll probably be back on a lot more in a week or so!

Doe

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 pm

thats a good idea actually

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Doe,

I thought about this for a while and am in two minds. First the whole forum is run with content that is suitable for minors to read, obviously with the exception of reading requests when we need a member to be 18 or over. Having an area for teens may attract the wrong kind of attention and unless very carefully run, possibly leave any monitor or moderator open to accusations of internet grooming when they were in fact just helping or offering support to a younger member. Next we have the problem of being able to check who is what age? We have to rely on the member's word. And finally we actually have very few younger members that actively post so it may mean that any new board was underused.

My suggestion would be to leave things as they are as younger members are already very welcome to post, with the exception of asking for readings which is not allowed for legal reasons.  :)

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”