Simple suggestions to make the Vedic forum stand out & insti more life into this august forum.

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sandhu.jp

Simple suggestions to make the Vedic forum stand out & insti more life into this august forum.

Post by sandhu.jp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:12 am

Dear Moderator & administrators,

I think that all members to be registered should be asked to reveal their identity (name) older members should also be requested to do the same. I believe if a person has a reason to hide his identity he /she has doubtful intentions from word go. The interaction with these persons lack a feeling any discussion without a feeling is but soulless.

Bits and pieces Questions should not be allowed on in  the main vedic forum.

Moderator and senior members should be asked to contribute at least four  times a week.

Knowledge is the only thing in this world that stays as it was even after distributing freely, so i request the stalwarts and seniors to divulge more on this vedanga called astrology.

I invite views from one and all. Starting from Prassana di, let s have a vote on this.

Regards

J.s.sandhu
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:30 am

The idea are clean and pure, and show that you are a good man :)

Since we all sit in our own secure place, and "none" (we can by investigation) can point at you and say you lie, we must only assume that people give what they feel confident with, and by that can contribute better

The posting in the forum will not increase by having such a rule, rather decrease because someone would feel uncomfortable using their own name.

In my opinion is the name less important.
What really count is how you act, and how you participate.

Only by showing other respect, and try to make a good figure, can one hope for good discussions to develop the mutual knowledge of the forum.

There is many in this forum that has those qualities, and if you all want a pulsing forum where you can contribute, and grow in this art, then I urge you to take sandhu.jp's
words to your heart and contribute.

We must all be clear that a site can never be better then its members....we are only supplying the means for you all to interact....if you shall find this place nice to return to, then you have to contribute, because only then are you putting up foundation for your own growth :)

Thx for your effort to get the forum back up running...we value it....hopefully, so will all your forums friends :)

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Moderator and senior members should be asked to contribute at least four  times a week.

Knowledge is the only thing in this world that stays as it was even after distributing freely, so i request the stalwarts and seniors to divulge more on this vedanga called astrology.
I do agree with Sandhu ji...

Especially senor members shud contribute may be little but their contribution will encourage enthusisasts and also encourage others to participate.

Raman

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Dear rhuto,

There is a lot in the name a person who is not comfortable using his identity can never contribute much other than furtive behaviour, just go through the history of this forum and see for yourself what the nameless have contributed, how can the participation decrease when these people don't contribute much, other than posting bits and pieces questions , reading requests in the main forum or links to some other commercial sites.Just think some action is required to filter the undesired elements.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Rhutobello wrote:The idea are clean and pure, and show that you are a good man :)

Since we all sit in our own secure place, and "none" (we can by investigation) can point at you and say you lie, we must only assume that people give what they feel confident with, and by that can contribute better

The posting in the forum will not increase by having such a rule, rather decrease because someone would feel uncomfortable using their own name.

In my opinion is the name less important.
What really count is how you act, and how you participate.

Only by showing other respect, and try to make a good figure, can one hope for good discussions to develop the mutual knowledge of the forum.

There is many in this forum that has those qualities, and if you all want a pulsing forum where you can contribute, and grow in this art, then I urge you to take sandhu.jp's
words to your heart and contribute.

We must all be clear that a site can never be better then its members....we are only supplying the means for you all to interact....if you shall find this place nice to return to, then you have to contribute, because only then are you putting up foundation for your own growth :)

Thx for your effort to get the forum back up running...we value it....hopefully, so will all your forums friends :)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Hello Sandhu ip,

Since Rhuto is on Holiday for  week or so, I give some comments to your thinking.

There are so many forums around the World where so many participate. Most of them do not use their own names, but i.d.s. In so many forums etc one is expected to create their i.d.s. Certainly the meaning of i.d.s do not mean real names.

Again many participants are not comfortable using their names, due to some reasons obviously; some of which could be that it the real names are not numerologically correct. Again forum participating is a very personal relating to most/many who would like to have a different identitysomewhere... something like an alter-ego, like Clark Kent was Superman etc. There could be similar, but their own valid reasons.

If the nameless has not contributed much to the forum could also mean many moderators or site administrator has not contributed enough. An example: Votive, Chaya-Neeta, Projenator, soulsearch, among posters, has contributes very much. Surely these are i.d.s and not names, and there could be more.

Again some people are not readily available to devote quality time even if they would like to, whereas some has enough free time.

Some are not able to express themselves well enough, but are knowledgable

Also that some need much mental space, although has much free time to be able to communicate.etc.etc.....

RishiRahul

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:43 am

Dear Sandhu brother,

Thanks a lot for quoting me to be  the first  person to  start  with  the discussion of  this topic.  Sorry brother, today only I saw this post. Already Rhutoji, Rishiji and Raman shared  their views. Being Admin and moderators they both ( Rhutoji and Rishiji ) may be aware of the difficulties in discussion forums and boards., better than us.     But I also say , or  I am willing to accept your views over this fully. . More members should contribute in forums, especially seniors should actively take part.  More over ,   real names should be used.Why to use some other   Ids instead  of real names? I too feel,  the dealings are soul less with out  original names. This is sacred forum, so using real names would be more appropriate.  (we can accept , one who seeks advises or chart readings can use their different identity , but  why dont  members participating in discussions should   use their own names ? ) I wish and request ,  more members to share their views here. Rishiji has quoted few ids , they can share their views here I feel , so that we may get some more clarification for their usage of different ids.   Thanks in advance for sharing.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:27 am

Hello,
I do support complete democratic system with NO regulations, but at the same time look what is happening to world financial system at the cost of NO regulations. The situation is not different here, an astrologer would like to deal with real people not the computer generated random names so called IDs. I don’t even understand why they cannot even use their first name to start with. What is to hide here, if we are not true to ourselves I think that’s non-vedic itself.Even bank accounts and securities  accounts has the IDs associated with some part of the real name. I think it’s a debate and we should build a CONCENSUS based upon Vedic virtues.   Let's save the vedic institutes for the benefit  of future generations so that real and genuine people are served better. Rememeber many people including me are here for just a hobby and it does create an environment of demotivation. Please look into the nature of the postings from IDs and virtual names.
Regards
Bhuwan

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:40 am

Dear Bhuwanji,  =(quote)= an astrologer would like to deal with real people not the computer generated random names so called IDs. I don’t even understand why they cannot even use their first name to start with. What is to hide here, if we are not true to ourselves I think that’s non-vedic itself.Even bank accounts and securities  accounts has the IDs associated with some part of the real name. I think it’s a debate and we should build a CONCENSUS based upon Vedic virtues.

Thanks for your wonderful  views over the sacredness  of Vedic astrology ( forum) as well as of   Vedic virtues.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Dear Rishi rahul ji,

It would be worthwhile and good for the forum if you and Vivek ji share your knowledge more often on this forum. As regards using handles for the names i am sure we will have some more views on contributing with proper name and identity , if names  are meaningless than why does a person have a name in first place.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

prasanna wrote:Dear Bhuwanji,  =(quote)= an astrologer would like to deal with real people not the computer generated random names so called IDs. I don’t even understand why they cannot even use their first name to start with. What is to hide here, if we are not true to ourselves I think that’s non-vedic itself.Even bank accounts and securities  accounts has the IDs associated with some part of the real name. I think it’s a debate and we should build a CONCENSUS based upon Vedic virtues.

Thanks for your wonderful  views over the sacredness  of Vedic astrology ( forum) as well as of   Vedic virtues.

Regards,

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 pm

It would be worthwhile and good for the forum if you and Vivek ji share your knowledge more often on this forum.

Hi Everyone,
I do agree with Sandhu ji regarding more contribution from expereicne members...It is true that they must be having their own commitments but as it is said

world's busiest people got time for everything :-)

If we push ourseleves little bit we can have better and regular discussions..I dont wanna take names but there r sites where only 1 or 2 members literally leads the whole set of other members.. but here we got so many experienced memebers but discussion is going down in last some time...so small but regular contribution from other members can lead us to better understanding and maintain others enthusiasm......

Take for example..Topic of Yamaghantaka by Sandhu ji there has been almost no contribution from anyone...I  do not wanna offend anyone but definetely there can be small discussion..

Hope this can make a difference...

Topic of having real names can be a value addition to this but i personally think that contribution is something on which we can count on for betterment of this forum...

Regards,
Raman

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 pm

yes.. this should happen...and this should happen more often... okay i ll start a discussion in a new thread but as i am too lazy to type and of late been busy with nothings ... u guys will have wait for a week or so...the topic of discussion has been there with me since i started learning astrology but i need time so that i can frame in my mind properly... it would be a very basic discussion for all astrologers here...

thank u sandhu ji
"This too shall pass..."

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:19 pm

sandhu.jp wrote:Dear Rishi rahul ji,

It would be worthwhile and good for the forum if you and Vivek ji share your knowledge more often on this forum. As regards using handles for the names i am sure we will have some more views on contributing with proper name and identity , if names  are meaningless than why does a person have a name in first place.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

prasanna wrote:Dear Bhuwanji,  =(quote)= an astrologer would like to deal with real people not the computer generated random names so called IDs. I don’t even understand why they cannot even use their first name to start with. What is to hide here, if we are not true to ourselves I think that’s non-vedic itself.Even bank accounts and securities  accounts has the IDs associated with some part of the real name. I think it’s a debate and we should build a CONCENSUS based upon Vedic virtues.

Regards,

Dear Sandhu j.p.

I have voiced mu opinion. Whether Vivekji or others do so is not a compulsion is their wish.

Lt me explain some problems, which I feel from the moderators point of view:=

This is not a paid forum, but a free forum. In a paid forum there can be stricter restrictions. I a free forum the moderators and administrators are taking time out of their free time to moderate and administer. Checking whether i.d.s match with real names for each and every i.d. is very time confusing and very laborious and tedious task for them. One must remember that moderators and administrators are doing fee service.

In most/all forums operative one is expected to create i.d.s as I said previously. Many would be uncomfortable while seeking predictions with their real names, giving scope of 'identity theft'. Generally in many forums and often this one too we edit the real name of the person seeking predictions to restrict identity theft.

As Bhuvanji said about rules being not there is not true for mysticboard as mysticboard has a lot of rules for individual forums/subforums.

Mysticboard operate following the rules of other free forums and restricting i.d.s to real names, I believe, is not possible as many good relators would not register etc.

I transfer this thread to the 'Recommendations and Complaints' forum,

RishiRahul
site moderator

A few other reasons have been explained by me and Rhutobello.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:41 pm

As a moderator here at the forum, i can understand why people would want to make changes and some of the suggestions are very interesting.  

There actually are not many moderators here at mystic board and we all contribute several hours of unpaid time to make sure all runs smoothly.  I know nothing about vedic astrology and do not post there for that reason.  I am however very busy in other parts of the forum.  We are a small united team dedicated to making this forum the best there is.

I think if you want people to use their own names and to make moderators/owners/admin post 4 times a week this comes under contractual agreements and this service would need to become a paid service.  All users would need to pay an annual subscription and i would need to become a salaried member of staff to give you what you want.  

Mystic Board prides its self on remaining free to everyone.  Its a labour of love and I remain here because i enjoy giving my time for free.  If it was a job and you all paid my salary i suspect i would not enjoy my time here as much.  I also think that people would feel they owned me because their subscriptions paid my wages and so I would be told what to do all the time and would lose my autonomy and impartiality.  Its a difficult place to be.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”