Problem with login

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

govardhanvt

Problem with login

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Earlier, once I login, my user name and password continued to remain remembered and once I click on to mysticboard site, it used to get logged in without asking. Now for the past two months, I need to login everytime when i vist the mysticboard.org. Can this be rectified?

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:26 pm

govardhanvt,

I am not sure if the MB has a little box you click that says remember me when logging in. A lot of sites do that, so when you go to another window or close the window out you do not have to log on every time.  Been so long since I logged back in on my account here, I cannot remember.  Another reason you might be having problems depending on the cleaning program you have on your computer.  Don't know the correct term these are given. But it will erase temp internet, and cookies from sites giving you more room in the memory. I think, not sure what it does, but sometimes when I run my clean sweep program it deletes those cookies too. And when that happens I am always having to re-enter all my passwords.   Just a couple of suggestions. Best wishes.

Safe Journey

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:44 pm

I always click that box, but unfortunately ,it is not remembering me

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Incidentally it is only MB site which is not remembering me, all other site it gets logged in automatically

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:05 pm

I know about the problem....but I don't think it is MB'S fault.

I have 1 pc at work, and 1 at home.

The one I use at home have I no such problems, even if it is that I use most for accessing MB.

The one at work was very nasty that way, until I got into my browser and put MB up as a secure site, where the cookie should be kept.

The way I have found out the site work is like this.

When you log in a cookie is put on your hard disk, telling you are inside.
Each time you take a page load, the site control against your cookie, and if this has been deleted, then  it throw you out as guest and ask you to log in.

I know we get more and more helping programs that shall protect our security, and some of them delete the cookie after first use,,,,so you have to investigate ,which such program that do such thing, and put MB up as 1 that shall stay.

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”