Theme Message Boards...

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Theme Message Boards...

Post by sunmystic » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 am

Theme message boards reach a point where every thing has been said. From there everything slows down :) .

But because new folks are always exploring things :) things can be resaid for the new folks.

This makes "always new", not totally neccessary. And so, there can always be activity :) mixing new and also old.

Folks come to Mystic Board for information (or just curiosity :) ). Part of this information comes from things that they can purchase or get for free or information that comes from those that are present live on the message board.

Input ?

I love being apart of Mystic Board, and maintaining the life of an older message board is always an interesting challenge :) ,if one wants to be here :) .

Love you guys!

sunmystic
Last edited by sunmystic on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunmystic

Creating interest and activity...

Post by sunmystic » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:31 am

Guys this just came up relative to the intuitive mind hunting interesting solves :)

Back a couple months or so ago Suzi came up with some interesting knowledge to a question and this knowledge came from past posts :) .

Are there any interesting "topics from the past" that today's viewers might injoy exploring as they are exploring the gifts of Mystic Board?

I do not know how to find that stuff, but Suzi does :) ! ? And the viewers might find them interesting.

Love,

sunmystic

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:27 am

What, so you might put a board room thingy for 'historic posts' where you take classic dialogues and perhaps some faq's so that the newbies don't have to go sift through page upon page of titles that don't entirely refer to the topic or where it goes?

I figure that's a pretty good idea sunmystic.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:31 am

Rook wrote:What, so you might put a board room thingy for 'historic posts' where you take classic dialogues and perhaps some faq's so that the newbies don't have to go sift through page upon page of titles that don't entirely refer to the topic or where it goes?

I figure that's a pretty good idea sunmystic.
Thank you Rook for your input :) and it was what I was thinking about.

Mystic Board is attempting to switch to a new message board host which is probably a good idea. pph :) is a bit drifty.

But, because Mystic Board has so much past history :) what if certain forums were divided into the old and new :) . No history to the "new", and history was welcomed to be explored in the "old"?

I went back almost four years and found an interesting topic that involved some of the  legends :) of this message board! Others may want to do this and "comment on those topics" also, that these and other legends were at play in :) .

And maybe even the old legends will come back if crap/things show up in their email as active? :) maybe :) ? I always did in past message boards.

Mystic board has hundereds topics and posts, there is no way that folks can not find something that they are interested to comment on :) ! If all past and present topics and posts are wecome to be commented on :) !

guys! input?

sunmystic

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:27 am

Not a bad idea.. so you suggest we pick up the popular topics and make them into a forum? There are lot of older posts and older members that are simply awesome. You can say some of them changed me into a much better person that I was.

We will be shifting to a better board in the coming months.. so we could think about it when we shift.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:48 am

swetha wrote:Not a bad idea.. so you suggest we pick up the popular topics and make them into a forum? There are lot of older posts and older members that are simply awesome. You can say some of them changed me into a much better person that I was.

We will be shifting to a better board in the coming months.. so we could think about it when we shift.
Swetha, I understand what you are saying :) Ok?

This is my suggestion at this point in time: This message board allows folks to explore the history of this message board. The problem is that folks that explore history and comment on that history explored, create havic on the part of any forum that is exploring current new questions.

At the same time advertising is based on "hits" and "Activity". And advertising pays for us registered users having permission to have a place to play. :)

If a forum was divided into two sections so that folks could explore and comment on the old and still create the new without conflict you are going to have awesome activity :) ! And just for the record :) nobody is doing that and taking advantage of the potiential of recorded history :) ! Nobody!

Swetha, if I was actually to recieve permission to go into the past and comment on the things that I found interesting in the past :) I would have around 2000 :) POST CREDITS to my screen name almost over night :) I am actually old so it would not actually happen that way :)  Ok? But things would be interesting :)

And yes I am only one person and yes the whole concept terrifies Rhuto :) because he is the one that has to suppervise this "Oh My God" activity.

So ok :) Rhuto might need to take on some more deputies :) but at the same time allowing and inviting forlks to run amuck :) in past history is absolutly going to create activity :) ! $ :)

Is all. And nobody is doing it :)

And I am willing to do my part, just assign me a spot :) I am old and I have nothing else to do and I love being here!

love you guys!

sunmystic

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:10 pm

:) Well, most of us tend to delve only in a few forums in the board but monitor those quite regularly, so we could try to do something like that in our own field of interest.

I know Payewacker is trying to list all interesting subjects with their links in the Tarot forum and keep bumping up that list, or links to that list, for newcomers. An idea is that Suzi, our mod for the board, puts that list of links in a permanent Sticky at the top, at least once PW has finished listing all he thinks essential. That way we wouldn't have to keep bumping it.

I could try to delve into historic threads in the Tarot forum and bump up those I find interesting. Would that mean a lot more work for Rhuto? Does he really have to read through each and every post? If that is the case, whew... I take my hat off to you, Rhuto  :smt118 I never thought your job was so intricate.

Anyway, I will necessarily go slow, since I don't always have that much time and I still keep posting in the modern threads in the forum. So it shouldn't be that bad, hopefully  :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 pm

:) Oh, BTW, I think Gem did a beautiful work organizing the Learn Tarot forum while she was around, so that it is still easy for any newcomer to find all relevant info, and even follow the tutorial step by step with hardly any help. Maybe we could try to do that sort of organizing through Stickies in each forum instead of splitting them, or maybe try both ways and see which works best.

Undoubtedly there are many more people just reading than posting, so we could make an effort to classify subjects for easy access, rather like a library. I'm quite sure a few of us can handle it in each of the forums. We could select threads, make a list of links, then ask an admin or mod to make a permanent something of it.

Um, about splitting... I think I would prefer the Learn Tarot forum to be a subforum within the Tarot one.
The reason for this is that we tend to automatically check the TF so we easily see and answer any newcomer posting in the main or reading subforums. But it's harder to remember checking the Mystic Academy in case a newbie has wandered in and is asking for help.
Sometimes those posts get missed, since that forum isn't very active, and maybe a few people are getting discouraged from posting on it, thinking it's dead.

It's just an idea, since I am sure there was good reason for splitting them into different groups at the time, so I will try to remember checking the Academy if it's not possible to bring it back.

Thank you everyone  :smt020

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

"The Causes of War" (started by Swetha) topic that I brought up from general discussion forum history and commented on :) had Spirit Talk's first post in it :) ! The birth of a legend!

To me it is not just reading about stuff it is also getting to comment on it :)

There are a whole bunch of posts that I missed out on because I was not here three and more years ago  :smt009 .

When I was on the board Kundalini Support, Bob Boyd was the owner and admin, there was an Auzzie fellow that would have a few beers and then go down through history and read and comment on everything that he had missed while he had been away. This resulted in everything current being lost in history :) burried 6 or 7 pages deep in history and good luck finding the topic that you were currently active in :)

anyway I remember thinking back then that it would be nice to have a way to go back through history and read and comment on the past without disrupting the present :) And Mystic Board has tons of just plain stuff that would be fun to read and comment on :) from the past! At this point I am doing research on the Mystic Board legend "Spiritalk" and I am finding all kinds of "other interesting things" that I would like to make comments on but I can't do this without being disruptive.

Love,

sunmystic

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:30 am

Hey,
Isn't it lovely to have guys around who say I would love to post :) I shall surely consider your suggestions and discuss with Rhuto how to go about it when we set up the new system.

Till then feel free to dig through the older posts and bring up the better ones for discussions. Maybe it would help someone else too. maybe a few topics a day in forum would be fine. and a new forum everyday..so that it doesnt seem like you are spamming. And it will give us a chance to see how our thinking has changed in the past 5 years :))

You don't need to be disruptive, you can just encourage discussions :)

I think I am beginning to fall in love with this forum all over again  :smt003

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 am

:) I know how I could do it in order not to be disruptive in the Tarot forum.

I just open ONE thread called 'Golden Oldies' or some such. In this thread I only post the links to the old threads I find interesting and a brief comment of why, so that anyone who wants to know more just clicks on the link and off they go.

It's no use bumping up the oldies since most are probably locked and I'd rather keep them as they are than add new comments on them years later. So I would invite people who read them to add their comments on the 'Golden Oldies' thread. This way we would have just this one modern thread dedicated to it and I would bump it whenever I had a little time to browse history. How's that?

I don't want to give Rhuto any more headaches, if possible. I guess he has already enough to keep him busy. I promise not to include any crude comments so that he doesn't need to review the 'Oldies' in a hurry  :smt003

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 pm

I guess Rhuto is more worried about your "comments" than your postings!! hehehhehe

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Hehehe...yea....well...back to the idea....its look very promissing...and I think the suggestion about making a "global Thread" where each and one of you post links and comments to old goodies are the best way to go for now.

This way we get an easy but good way to collect thing that is worth a second go.

If we see that this become something to build further on...then we can do so when the new forum software is done.

I make the thread now....please fill it up....  Image ImageImage

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 pm

The cat is getting active again!! great going rhuto :) thanks

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:23 pm

:) Yeah, thanks! I will try to find juicy discussions to post.

I will try to avoid those too specialized in Tarot so as not to bore those not interested. The specialized ones will have their links in their proper forum.

Happy hols!  :smt020

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”