Can a Member Forward Message for another person ??

Post your suggestions here to improve the board, and to get solutions to different site problems.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

hanuman3233

Can a Member Forward Message for another person ??

Post by hanuman3233 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Dear Moderator,

I want to know whether forwarding messages from another person is against the policies of this group. Recently, I was asked by Vinay Jha Ji to forward two of his messages because his broadband was too slow for MB, and this action by me was construed as a foul action of fake ID by two persons here. Vinay Jha Ji again asked me to forward his response because he could not, but it seems the moderator has taken a wise decision to delete unwanted messages. If such deletions were deliberate, I welcome such responsible moderation.

Recently, I have decided to use SSS because it explains charts better. I have been informed that those who use SSS will be subjected to astro-apartheid in some forums (not MB).

I decided to forward his message because I found it to be of very good astrological content and without any animosity against any member here, but unfortunately two members did not like my forwarding. Why ? I want to know the policies. As I have been personally informed, Vinay Jha Ji is still unable to respond in MB, although his slow internet sometimes allows him to read MB posts. I hope his internet speed will be okay soon, because I am interested in the topic he recently raised. He does not want to discuss this astrological topic privately.

Hanuman.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Can a Member Forward Message for another person ??

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 am

hanuman3233 wrote:Dear Moderator,

I want to know whether forwarding messages from another person is against the policies of this group. Recently, I was asked by Vinay Jha Ji to forward two of his messages because his broadband was too slow for MB, and this action by me was construed as a foul action of fake ID by two persons here. Vinay Jha Ji again asked me to forward his response because he could not, but it seems the moderator has taken a wise decision to delete unwanted messages. If such deletions were deliberate, I welcome such responsible moderation.

Recently, I have decided to use SSS because it explains charts better. I have been informed that those who use SSS will be subjected to astro-apartheid in some forums (not MB).

I decided to forward his message because I found it to be of very good astrological content and without any animosity against any member here, but unfortunately two members did not like my forwarding. Why ? I want to know the policies. As I have been personally informed, Vinay Jha Ji is still unable to respond in MB, although his slow internet sometimes allows him to read MB posts. I hope his internet speed will be okay soon, because I am interested in the topic he recently raised. He does not want to discuss this astrological topic privately.

Hanuman.

Hello,

Technically there is no problem with this; though it may or may not be right depending on the circumstances.

I was just wondering: You forwarded a message about Vinay Jha; while Vinay Jha is an active member, majorly posting long messages with good astrological content.

There have been cases of posters (generally 2) teaming up from different  locations in message boards (sometimes same locations) to increase popularity/marketing.
There is no 'straight' rule regarding this, but can come under broad ethical codes.

So, an active member requesting another to post his message should be avoided, as it gives an impression of 'forced marketing'. which may affect Vinay Jha's public image adversely.
Such requests , under serious circumstances, may be requested to the forum moderator.

Wish you a good day, and happy posting.

site moderator
Vedic

Return to “Recommendations and Complaints”