Unusual Experience

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Igor

Unusual Experience

Post by Igor » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:26 pm

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I've had a recurring experience that I've often wondered about.  It happened more frequently when I was younger than it does now.

It usually happens in the very early morning hours if I happen to wake up from sleep.  If I am lying on my back, I will sometimes get a buzzing or vibrating sensation in my ears, followed by the sensation of moving up and back down multiple times.

Occasionally but not always this was followed by the sensation of flying through space.  I could see the darkness with light that I can only compare to as the light of stars whizzing past me.  I could even here sound or voices sometimes.

The flying through space sensation frightened me when it happened and I was able to bring myself to by moving my hand or fingers.  That part only accompanied the first part sometimes.  And it happened less and less as I've grown older.

Has anyone else ever experienced or heard of anything like this?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:48 am

I've had something similar. With mine, it's when I am not-quite-fully-awake and it's a loud buzzing noise. Sometimes my body feels paralysed, sometimes not. Sometimes I feel like my soul is trying to leave my body but my own fear stops that from happening. I can astrally project when I am sleeping but I am not confident enough when I am awake (or even semi-awake!)

What you are experiencing is when your soul leaves your body but you need to practise at this in order to control it better and feel more comfortable when doing it (if you want to do it more).

Igor

Post by Igor » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 pm

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  The buzzing for me wasn't loud.  And it always occured as I was drifting back to sleep in those early morning hours.  I always had a peaceful feeling when this would happen.  But it was the flying through space and hearing distant voices that would scare me into bringing myself out of it.  And my body would also feel paralized, although I could usually move my fingers or hand to bring myself out of it.

Return to “Occult and Magick”