existance

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

warcoto

existance

Post by warcoto » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:42 am

i often think to myself, do we really exist?

and if we really do exist, how can we prove that we do?
i ask this question:
when i walk out the room do i still exist to you, or am i just a figment of your imagination projected by the minds eye....

i know that the mind is something that no one can explain and it is capable of making us see things that are not really there. so is that the case...
or is it like in the movie the matrix; were our actual bien is somewere else and is just projecting a physical existance.

skul

Existance

Post by skul » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Your question is as old as life itself.

"Is what we see real, or is our perception of the world"?
"Why do some "see" more than others?"

Seeing more things is intuition.
Seeing behind things is wisdom
Seeing the "real" thing is absolute oneness.

But the question remains. What is that that can be described as "real"?
Some will tell you that you'll feel it and know it. I disagree.. illusions can be felt as so real as well, and what's an illusion anyway? Isn't it an impression of something that could be there somewhere?

It's an endless circle of questions and counter questions.

Good luck

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:53 pm

K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, Spiritualist) Principle.  Going in ever decreasing circles until thought disappears is not a healthy exercise.

weirdoo

Post by weirdoo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 am

Look outside the window, what do you see? What you see is still there even though it is processed in our minds, it's still there.
when you touch it, you do feel it, even though it's just thousands of nerves sensing you are touching, it's still there.
Would you deny your own mother and father when you see then and hold them? Even though they are processed through your mind, they're still there

If you see it, hear it, smell it, touch it, feel it, then it's there. If you want to see nothing, go to a black room, a total black room, that is nothing.
If nothing is there, then it's simply not there.

Our senses exists for a reason ;)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Our senses are our reality.

Return to “Occult and Magick”