A drug related OBE or sleep paralysis

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

erik

A drug related OBE or sleep paralysis

Post by erik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:12 am

Hello there,

I remember that I had some OBE of a kind back in 1992.
I was, at that time, dating a very beautifull girl for 2 and a half years called Winnie, and was a small time criminal myself, when making a lot of money and spending this on party's and drugs was my highest goal.
I came back from a party with my girlfriend and her friend, Mitzy , I was under the infuence of XTC, alcohol and cocaine, wanted to sleep, but found myself a bit restless (no wonder ).
A few weeks before i had stolen 10.000 pills of Seresta 10 mg from the drugstore (storehouse) where I worked, so i thought by myself, let me take a few of these pills, so i can at least get some sleep.
So I took a handfull and lied down on the bed. The girls were busy in the livingroom.

I must have fallen asleep, this happened when I "woke up":

.....my consiousness was awake, but my body felt very, very heavy.
I was aware of some "presence" in the room, it was situated on this piece of wood just under the window where you can put a plant or so on the right side of the room (I don't know the English word for it). It felt threatening and the whole room was charged with this feeling. This lasted for a while, I was just witnessing this.
Then all of the sudden, I felt some footsteps on the bed, one was just on the right side of my rightleg, then two steps inbetween my legs and one step from the edge of the bed on the left side and I felt it was running out of the bedroom, through the open door into the bathroom, situated next to the bedroom. I was then desperately trying to move, just something, of my body, instinctivly I knew this technique to fully wake up.
So I managed to move my right pinky and then the whole body woke up, I was very relieved......

Now, who knows what this presence could be ?
Could it be some inhabitant of the astral world, trying to scare me off ?

Erik.
Write down your dreams, you'll live twice !!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: A drug related OBE or sleep paralysis

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 am

Erik,

This very much sounds like the symptoms of sleep paralysis, but based upon any similar experiences you might have in the future, I could eventually be proven to be wrong about my conclusion.

Also unfortunately it is believed to be possible to be affected by sleep paralysis, as well as to simultaneously have an unwelcome astral visitor.

Even without the use of recreational drugs it is difficult enough to tell the difference, but with recreational and/or mind altering substances in your system, it would be virtually impossible.

Unless you have a serious heart condition (diagnosed or undiagnosed), sleep paralysis is unlikely to cause any permanent harm to the person.

But I cannot say the same about the potential damage which an astral nasty could cause to your state of health, or to your closest relationships.

The best advice without a doubt for you to avoid the use of recreational drugs, and mind altering chemicals.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful teacher?

Dealing with spontaneously altered states of consciousness is enough of a challenge, without adding any unnecessary further levels of difficulty to your confusion through the taking of these psychotropic substances (separately, or combined).

Brian :smt015

erik

Re: A drug related OBE or sleep paralysis

Post by erik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Hey Brian,

yes, I can relate to drugs as a catalist of spiritual experiences, I took magick mushrooms and I got paranormal experiences, I used to smoke weed from November 2011 to Januari 2012 and did mystic yogic breathing exercises to evoke inner visions (or hallucinations) and thoughts that weren't mine (or acoustic hallucinations), but all these things happen to me when I don't do drugs as well.

I don't smoke weed anymore, I don't like it anymore and it's too expensive, I even don't smoke cigarettes anymore since March 14th 2016, I used to smoke off and on, I stopped 4 times with smoking and know I am never gonna smoke again.

It was fun, but it's bad for health, although I have to say that I want to try magic mushrooms sometimes again, it isn't harmful and is quite innocent.

Cheers!
Write down your dreams, you'll live twice !!

Return to “Occult and Magick”