Chaos Magick and Gnosis

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cowvvvv

Chaos Magick and Gnosis

Post by cowvvvv » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 am

Okay guys.  for all you Chaotes say something about gnosis.  I know Chaos Magick works.  Give me some honest opinions on how the gnosis state is produced and reproduced.  Holding breath and hyperventilate works. tried  :smt003

Give me your theories on reality manipulations too.  thanks!

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:59 am

Hyperventilation and holding your breath is simply triggering more endorphins into your system which causes you pleasure. It's also known as erotic asphyxiation-not Gnosis.

cowvvvv

Post by cowvvvv » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:10 pm

Brother-Minos wrote:Hyperventilation and holding your breath is simply triggering more endorphins into your system which causes you pleasure. It's also known as erotic asphyxiation-not Gnosis.
Hahha...we are not talking about hanging ourselves and getting an erection here, Brother Minos.  Holding breath til asphyxia is dangerous.  You might as well have someone rope and choke neck while performing a ritual.  

Now, back in the old days, often they used pain to knock themselves out to another state.  I guess that would be equivalent as getting high and seeing things in the mirror, but I do not recommend such practice.

Okay, back to the topic.  What is the State of Gnosis?  Anyone wants to elaborate on that?    :smt002

ligit

Post by ligit » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:19 pm

The word gnosis (from the Greek word for knowledge, γνώσις) refers to a Hellenic philosophical term for knowledge. It is also used to mean a form of spiritual knowledge that is more commonly familiar to people as enlightenment though, the Greek word for enlightenment is διαφωτισθούν which would be closer to the word informed rather than knowledge.

if you want a longer explination of this, check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

erik

Post by erik » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:36 pm

sorry, wrong buttons....

redravens

About Gnosis

Post by redravens » Tue May 22, 2007 6:33 pm

"In Chaos magick it is up to you to use or create whatever methods of ritual or magickal workings you desire, however there are three core practises that Chaotes commonly use and they are; gnosis, god-form/servitor work, and sigilization. Chaos magick relies on 'gnosis' an altered state of mind to achieve effects. It is a state of single-mindidness which can be achieved through yoga, drumming, chanting, dancing, sex and masturbation and through the use of certain drugs. You will know that you are in a state of gnosis once your mind stops rationalizing about your experience...it is the gateway into your subconcious."

for full article see :  http://realmagick.com/articles/80/1780.html

This is a good article that briefly explains Chaos Magick principles in case anyone here is interested.

Also, another good site for CM info is chaosmatrix.org...here's the link to their library :   http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos_all.php

here is another snippet about gnosis :

"In Chaos Magick, gnosis is a lapse in conscious/rational/discursive/ discriminatory mind that allows the subconscious "magickal mind" to fully function. The easiest example of this state that comes to mind is the exact moment of orgasm. The term "gnosis" is used (I think) because the state allows for the instantaneous, intuitive (as opposed to consciously deduced) grasping of a much larger set of the variables involved in causing an outcome to manifest from any given state of events. This is done because the time it takes to reason out such a large set prohibits effect; by the time the relationships are consciously worked out, the variables have changed. It must be done instantaneously in order to be effective."

I use to be very much into chaos magick a few years back and some of it still interests me, especially sigilization. So I thought I'd throw this in on this thread since I felt the use of the term 'gnosis' in chaos magick is something that is not generally understood. Hope this helps. :)

BB, ~Lisa~

Return to “Occult and Magick”