ritual to stop rain

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

succesfulama

ritual to stop rain

Post by succesfulama » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:04 pm

I just thought perhaps someone, somewhere might need this....

When I need it to stop raining, I trap the water. I learned the following from my mother, and it has always worked for us on days when we need it not to rain.

Get a glass and a small saucer. Fill the glass with water and place the saucer upside-down on top of the glass. Then turn them over so that the saucer is sitting on your counter right-side-up, with an upside-down glass full of water on it.

It even worked on my wedding day!

deva

Post by deva » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks for sharing this. I'll try it sometime especially when the typhoon season begins. Last year, we had a large portion of our ceiling blown off due to the strong winds and heavy rains.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:52 am

When I don't want it to rain, I wash my truck... even if it's started to rain it stops.

virathree33

Post by virathree33 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:43 am

I want to do this. Even though we're in a drought, it seems to rain every day where I live. I know the farmers in the area need it, but it's annoying to get mud on my car (I live on a dirt road) and on my pets. Blah, how selfish of me.

Perhaps I'll save it for the fourth of July. I really want fireworks!

Thanks for this.

succesfulama

Post by succesfulama » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:39 pm

you're welcome; good luck!

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm

how long do u have to hold the saucer on the bottom and on the top of the glass would appreciate the help thank u so much. lots of hugs

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:10 pm

Wonder if we shouldn't be trying to control nature, and instead work with it?

succesfulama

Post by succesfulama » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:10 pm

taraprincess,
you put the saucer on top of the full glass of water, like a lid. then you turn both (cup & "lid") over and set them down so that the saucer is on the bottom and the glass is upside down on top of it. i usually leave it there just for the time i need it not to rain; like just that particular day and then i release it that night.
does that help?

sidewalk_bends,
i don't really i would be attempting to control nature; that sounds so...unethical(?).

there are just some moments/days when you might want to hold off the rain for awhile.  no?

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:18 pm

succesfulama wrote: sidewalk_bends,
i don't really i would be attempting to control nature; that sounds so...unethical(?).

there are just some moments/days when you might want to hold off the rain for awhile.  no?

There are times I'd like to hold off the rain or want more of it, but I don't know best. I could want it dry and another could be dying of thirst that I may not know about? I'll leave it to the One that controls the rain to make that decision.

It's just an interesting topic.

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:12 am

I agree with sidewalk bends controlling the nature is very dangerous and its reverse attack can harm. Instead a request  with respect can be made to the nature to stop for a while to,One should always use care when "trying to control" nature, she can be nasty when she wants.  It is extremely important to respect nature.  If it is supposed to rain, then it will rain, you cannot stop it.  This is a force that works outside of the concerns of people.  We must remain humble in the face of such a powerful force.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:08 pm

thank u so much successfulama, sidewalkbends and azhar, ill let nature take its course, but its interesting to know. much hugs.

evangeline

Post by evangeline » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:23 am

Angelique wrote:When I don't want it to rain, I wash my truck... even if it's started to rain it stops.
that's funny, everytime I wash my car, it rains.

succesfulama

Post by succesfulama » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm

just for the record...i never said i was "trying to control nature." those were not my words, nor my intentions.
i'm not that stupid! :D

i really don't believe the ritual i shared here is an attempt to control nature; it is just a means of letting the universe know what you want.  if it is wrong or inappropriate for it not to rain the particular day you try it, then the ritual would simply not work.

Return to “Occult and Magick”