New, what can I try?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Devon8822

New, what can I try?

Post by Devon8822 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Hey, I have just strucken a bit of interest in this mystical stuff, after reading/watching some stuff on Aleister Crowley. I never really bothered with any of this before but I have been a bit of a philosopher . I'm going to try out self hypnotism. I saw some people hypnotised, which got me really interested.  Anyways, i just want something simple to try with magick, something that will amaze me... any recomendations and instructions?

Also, what about some reading material for an absolute noob? thanks!

virathree33

Post by virathree33 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 pm

I highly recommend that you do vast amounts of research before you try anything. It isn't something that you can just wake up one day and do. It's a serious life path that requires much meditation, energy, and concentration. If you aren't truly serious about it, it's not going to work. But, a sparked interest is a good place to start. If Crowley got you interested, try some of his books first. I find some of them a little hard to read, however. Maybe that's just me.

And as far as something to amaze you... that's probably going to be something in the realm of high magick. Very difficult, very dangerous, very intense. Not for the beginner. (My opinion)

But if you're serious about wanting to get started, I recommend anything by Scott Cunningham. Also Starhawk - The Spiral Dance is a good one.

Devon8822

Post by Devon8822 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Dang, I was hoping that there would be something cool to get me interested, otherwise i dont have the time/means. I will check out some of the crowley books i just downloaded.

Can you tell me how this stuff works... whats high magick? is there a low magick? whats the difference?

Return to “Occult and Magick”