Tarot versus Ouija Board

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alejandrocolon

Tarot versus Ouija Board

Post by alejandrocolon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:44 am

Hi guys some people scare to death when ouija and tarot are the subject of any talk, wich one you are more terrified?

Everybody knows possesion cases on ouija board... anybody knows possesion cases on tarot?

sk33t9392

Post by sk33t9392 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Ouiji boards communicate with spirits, and normally, attract evil types.

Tarot cards talk to your subconscious.  Supposedly, everyone is born with the knowlege they'll learn but their conscious mind blocks you from learning it, thus you have to 'relearn' it on earth, and when you hear truth, it'll sound familiar due to the built in memory.

Anyhow, tarot cards don't communicate with any spirits but your own.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:00 pm

sk33t9392 wrote:Ouiji boards communicate with spirits, and normally, attract evil types.

Tarot cards talk to your subconscious.  Supposedly, everyone is born with the knowlege they'll learn but their conscious mind blocks you from learning it, thus you have to 'relearn' it on earth, and when you hear truth, it'll sound familiar due to the built in memory.

Anyhow, tarot cards don't communicate with any spirits but your own.
I have to say I disagree with this. Both are tools no? And as tools, they can both be influenced by spirit not of our own.

alejandrocolon

The Devil

Post by alejandrocolon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:03 pm

So the devil card means that we have it installed in our minds? do not think so, he is the master of disaster, and his presence in Tarot is notorious.
Did you know the clothes you are wearing maybe will be the ones you will  use for your last day?

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Ouija is best left to  irresponsible teenagers gathering in abandoned houses seeking cheap thrills.

Tarot is for the more serious-minded.  As oracles go, it certainly has one of the more impressive lineages (okay, maybe next to runes and the I Ching), and is surely one of the most useful.

Using it for fairly simple yes/no questions seems like overkill--the pendulum shines in that area.

redclaw123

Post by redclaw123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:42 pm

i would call terror of a ouija board absurd. both forms of divination are predominantly tapping into your subconscious mind, but occasionally a spirit may become involved in a reading. If you're really worried about it do a protection spell or otherwise shield yourself before you begin. If you don't know how to shield, read more about basic magickal practices under page one...at least i HOPE that's where you'd find it!
i love my honey!!!

midnightmlk

ouija ,tarot

Post by midnightmlk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 pm

I dont have anything against those games that people play .. but when they put the Ouija board in TOYS STORES or Toys are Us.. Then i have a problem with it.. THey should not be sold in toy stores.. it is not a childs game.So i am more afraid of the Ouija board .. from what i have heard it can open portals .. and its like some one walking by your door and the door is close .. you dont know who u are letting in .. cause you can not see them and anyone could be coming in on you .. beware of the Ouija Board.. waaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa
Hello everyone  How are you fine i hope .God bless and keep you

White Ghost

Re: Tarot versus Ouija Board

Post by White Ghost » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:45 pm

alejandrocolon wrote:Hi guys some people scare to death when ouija and tarot are the subject of any talk, wich one you are more terrified?

Everybody knows possesion cases on ouija board... anybody knows possesion cases on tarot?
My experience is that it is possible for people new to the occult to become obsessed with any of the methods. It can consume their entire lives to an unhealthy extent. But this is just a phase.

The tarot is a means of divination in which the querent asks the cards.  The cards are not a portal to another world or a means of contacting other entities.

The ouija board is, from what I have read, specifically for contacting the dead.  As a means of divination, it is the spirit of a dead person who must provide the prediction. It is a form of necromancy.  :smt002
The fool who persists in his folly shall become wise.

phoenixfiredragon

Post by phoenixfiredragon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:59 pm

growing up as a christian I had always been concerned about them, but every experience I have had, quite several, simple *yawn type of experiences. nothing unusual other than sliding of the scroller thing.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:11 pm

Erm, I don't know anyone personally who was possesed through using a ouja board and nearly everyone I know has used one.
How many people here (If they were honest, have used one?).
As to there usefullness as against other methods of divination, I thought we are supposed to treat all methods equally and of equal value, statements like;
'Tarot is for the more serious-minded.  As oracles go, it certainly has one of the more impressive lineages (okay, maybe next to runes and the I Ching), and is surely one of the most useful'
Could be very counter productive.
Just because you believe tarot is for the more serious minded implies that you believe that all the other methods are for comedians, charlatans and time wasters.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Everybody knows possesion cases on ouija board... anybody knows possesion cases on tarot?
Erm, I don't know anyone personally who was possesed through using a ouja board and nearly everyone I know has used one.
How many people here (If they were honest, have used one?).
As to there usefullness as against other methods of divination, I thought we are supposed to treat all methods equally and of equal value, statements like;
'Tarot is for the more serious-minded.  As oracles go, it certainly has one of the more impressive lineages (okay, maybe next to runes and the I Ching), and is surely one of the most useful'
Could be very counter productive.
Just because you believe tarot is for the more serious minded implies that you believe that all the other methods are for comedians, charlatans and time wasters.
Exactly!

This is why I don't understand why some people believe spirit can influence the Ouija and not the tarot or other tools.

Gem

Re: Tarot versus Ouija Board

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:16 pm

White Ghost wrote:
The tarot is a means of divination in which the querent asks the cards.  The cards are not a portal to another world or a means of contacting other entities.

The ouija board is, from what I have read, specifically for contacting the dead.  As a means of divination, it is the spirit of a dead person who must provide the prediction. It is a form of necromancy.  :smt002
Exactly :)

When you use tarot you do not usually ask for spirits to come forward and make contact, they are not the purpose of the cards unless you are asking spirit specifically. Some readers use spirit guides but by no means all.

Ouija is a specific way of contacting spirit life, opening a door to their world.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Runes have an individual power, they are a sacred symbol that can be used to invoke power or protection or safety etc. Some runes can be used in sequence to call in spirit, of course they can, in the same way a picture card of the devil might be used to call in evil.

Spirit can influence anything they choose. But what is spirit? Are we talking synchronicity here or the collective unconsciousness?

Some epoepl are influenced by dark spirits, many people are far too trusting and open to their inner naiveties and hysteira and paranoia, maybe it is spirit maybe it is the ramblings of a schizophrenic or bi polar mind? If they are 7ft tall and called chief then I would go for the latter lol,

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 pm

Why is there this assumption that only mentally deranged spirits come through ouija boards?
Yes I've had some strange ones - who hasn't, but are all the spitiualists, mediums and others going to say that they NEVER meet them?
I use the I Ching but ,for me, there is still an element of asking for a good hexagram, of asking for some sort of blessing first - why else do you pass the coins, yarrow stalks - whatever through a joss stick.
I don't use a ouija board much now but I did in the past and  would not hesitate to use one again if I thought it would prove useful.
Surely this has more to do the fact that for many years the only means open to christian westerners WAS the the ouija board and the church dreaded it because to use it goes against the teaching that the dead are either in heaven,hell or limbo and canniot communicate - exactly the same strictures were put on mediums and others.
So lets get away from the idea that all ouija useage is dangerous, otherwise we get into Animal Farm country, 4 legs good,2 legs bad.
All means of divination are by definition asking someone somewhere for guideance.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Why is there this assumption that only mentally deranged spirits come through ouija boards?
Because that's all you hear about.  That's the big stuff.

"Oh, yeah, I had a Oujia session last night, nothing big.  Spirit came through, revealed my future."

"Oh man!  I had a Oujia session last night and this freaky thing came through and ate my hamster!"

Now...you tell me which one sounds better.

Though, perhaps more realistic, it's a method of scaring people away from them.

All means of divination are by definition asking someone somewhere for guideance.
Astrology?  Planets aren't people.  Planets don't communicate.
Last edited by Sei no Senshi on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Occult and Magick”