witches eye pendant

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

costa49

witches eye pendant

Post by costa49 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 pm

A friend of mine ask me to try and find some information on a pendant she has. I have not seen it , but she said she looked it up and it was called "Witches Eye Pendant". I would like any information I could get on it.

Thank-You
                         costa49

devoted_rane

pendant

Post by devoted_rane » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 am

if you could email me a picture of it, it may be called something else or just looking at it i may be able to find the info you are looking for. many blessings
Freedom of Religion means ALL religions. The difference between life and living is the color of your rainbow

hornedtoad

pendant

Post by hornedtoad » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:15 pm

I was given a witch's eye by La Bruja (the witch) in a small South Texas town I lived in 10 years ago. She said it was to ward off the "Evil Eye". She explained that Mexican tradition believed that when people looked at you in ill will, this eye absorbed the evil thoughts. I figured since she was giving it to me, I should wear it. I did and I'll tell you, the locals began talking to me and treating me with respect. Not sure if it was the power of the eye, the fact that La Bruja gave me a gift or that I showed respect by embracing the local culture but it worked!

expired

Witch's eye pendent

Post by expired » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Did it look anything like this:
THE EVIL EYE

The evil eye is the name for a sickness transmitted -- usually without intention -- by someone who is envious, jealous, or covetous. It is also called the invidious eye and the envious eye. In Hebrew it is ayin ha'ra (the evil eye), which in Yiddish is variously spelled ayin horoh, ayin hora, or ayen hara. In mainland Italian it is mal occhio (the bad eye) and in Spanish mal ojo or el ojo (the bad eye or just the eye). In Sicily it is jettatore (the projection [from the eye]) and in Farsi it is bla band (the eye of evil).

The evil eye belief is that a person -- otherwise not malific in any way -- can harm you, your children, your livestock, or your fruit trees, by *looking at them* with envy and praising them. The word "evil" is unfortunate in this context because it implies that someone has "cursed" the victim, but such is not the case. A better understanding of the term "evil eye" is gained if you know that the old British and Scottish word for it is "overlooking," which implies merely that the gaze has remained too long upon the coveted object, person, or animal. In other words, the effect of the evil eye is misfortunate, but the person who harbours jealousy and gives the evil eye is not necessarily an evil person per se.
Blessed are the cracked, For they let in the light!!!!!

Return to “Occult and Magick”