help with Bonewitts quote..

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Thelemite93

help with Bonewitts quote..

Post by Thelemite93 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 am

Hi, I need a little help with some research I'm doing. In his book Real Magic, Issac Bonewits made the following comment about his late 60s stint in the Church of Satan:
Here in the San-Francisco Bay Area an ex-circus odd-jobber jumped on the occult band-wagon and came close to making a fortune. Knowing just enough about occultism to impress the ignorant, he plagiarized Nietzsche and Hitler to put together a philosophy that appealed to fascists countrywide...
I only have the quote secondhand, but if someone has a copy of the work and could give me the page reference I'd be enormously grateful.

Thanks.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi, Welcome to Mystic Board.

The book you mention is widely available for a few dollars, I must say that to quote from a book you have not read is not a good idea. The quote may be taken out of context or even be incorrectly copied, why not get a copy of the book and read it all. It is fascinating, Isaac also writes a blog on amazon.com that is interesting depending on what subject/information you are actually researching.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

I got to meet him at a retreat.  Only got to talk with him a few minutes. He is a very interesting man, well spoken and knowledgeable.  Thank you for the info about his blog.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Return to “Occult and Magick”