how safe are pendulums?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ani

how safe are pendulums?

Post by Ani » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 am

how safe is it to experiment with pendulums? I`ve had a sort of negative experience with an ouja board and I`ve heard from others as wells that ouja boards are not to be messed with. so are pendulums any different?
If there had to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Totally different, but, depends on how you use them :) Have you read the short fun 'how to' about pendulums at the top of this board :)

Ani

Post by Ani » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:11 pm

hi Gem,
yes, I read it and wanted to try it myself but I felt a little scared so I decided to ask first :)
If there had to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Pendulums are a wonderful tool. At times I take off a necklace and it becomes my pendulum.  You can create charts for yourself to use for getting answers.  
I had a friend who use pendulums and small to large divining rods to do reading for people, find things, help himself.  He carried the small ones in his pocket.
I have never heard of anything to be afraid of with them. Check with your heart to see if it is something you may want to try.  You are attracted to them, let your heart guide you to the tools that you can use.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

SingingBear

Post by SingingBear » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Pendulums are much safer and less intimidating than Ouija Boards. I have a particular and vehement dislike of these tools as they are NOT TOYS. No more so than a firearm is a toy. Ouija Boards are dangerous to the Uninformed and or Uninitiated.
They are the first Divination tool I would teach a Student to make, and use.
Hold the string or Chain of the Pendulum and ask it to show you yes or affirmative. It should swing back and forth in a straight line and that direction is an affirmative answer.
Still the pendulum and ask it to show you No or Negative and the line it swings should Cross the line for yes.
Then ask simple yes no questions, if the Pendulum Swings in a circle the answer is uncertain or undefined by a yes/no negative/ affirmative answer.
I teach people to "Wire Wrap" a Crystal they have chosen and then use simple chain or Sinew to attach to the crystal.

Ani

Post by Ani » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 am

thank you very much for the replies  :) I made one already. unfortunately crystals were not handy so I used a seashell and a few pearls. it looks really pretty! the answers are quite accurate, but mostly when I ask about others -  when I ask for myself  it seems to be telling me what I want to hear :)

Return to “Occult and Magick”